Message the doctors when their patient arrives

For users or potential users.
djanash@mac.com

Message the doctors when their patient arrives

Post by djanash@mac.com » Mon Dec 26, 2011 5:50 pm

I can't imagine I am the first to ask of for this, but can I set up an automated message like "Patient ready!" when a doctor's patient is marked ready in the appointment book?

openwide

Re: Message the doctors when their patient arrives

Post by openwide » Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:19 pm

The messenger in open dentals manage module is not good. You can use the color codes in the upper right corner of each appointment on the schedule (where the confirmation color circle is). You can customize what each color means and the front desk can easily mark patient ready and the doctor would know just by seeing the color change, but no sounds.

Or you can have a seperate messenger program. We use Sidenotes. Its 1 small fee for almost unlimited computers. Automatically opens when you turn computer on, customizable messages and sounds if wanted.

djanash@mac.com

Post by djanash@mac.com » Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:03 am

Using the circles in the corner is what we do now but it requires the doctor to look up at the screen...I think a sound effect maybe nice when he/she isn't looking at the screen. I'll look into that program..thanks for the recco

It should be something we can automate no? If this then that?

irfan

Post by irfan » Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:04 am

the messaging system thats built in DOES have sound. you can use the built in sounds or record your own. ours is set up to cover a wide range of scenarios, its decently robust but takes a lot of tinkering to customize properly.

we use a series of dings along with colors and labels on the buttons. there are built in sounds for "dr patient ready" etc.

openwide

Post by openwide » Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:48 am

Yes the messenging system in OpenDental does have sound but I remember it being clunky & not very usable. Sounds go off in every room. With a messenging program like "Sidenotes" you can basically be texting back & forth whatever you want to whoever u want. Sometimes you only want to send a message to the hygienist or to your assistant in rm 2 or vice versa. By the way I just stumbled upon sidenotes and it was free to try and actually always free for 3 computers, but there are a ton of programs like it out there.

djanash@mac.com

Post by djanash@mac.com » Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:52 am

do you have a link you post for their site? I did a search and got too many options since it isn't the most creative name out there

irfan

Post by irfan » Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:53 am

yes having it sent to each op isnt always the best, and you cant send a quick custom message. we piggy back GoogleTalk and use that for typed communication. the dings are useful when im working on a patient. if i hear 3 dings i know something for me lit up and i can glance and see which op im supposed to check on. if i hear 2 double dings i know a hygiene patient just got here, etc.

djanash@mac.com

Post by djanash@mac.com » Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:59 am

In one of my offices, 3 ops, 1100 sq/ft...you fart and everyone knows about it..Messaging not an issue ;)

The other...21 ops 10600 sq/ft.... Fart all you want, your patients waiting for you and you and your asst will never know... I hope OD has something good enough that can be used other wise we'll go secret service on every one and were earpieces. Ive played with messaging and its clunky, I agree, just wondering if its just me

irfan

Post by irfan » Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:38 am

id go insane hearing "dr patient ready" 21 times. look into YAPI , its messaging is nice, keeps patient flow organized. youd have to make sure that all your staff are trained on it though to make sure things stay in sync with open dental. also gives popups when a new patient arrives, etc

openwide

Post by openwide » Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:55 am

http://www.sidenotesim.com/

I came from eaglesoft which has a seperate messenger window. thats what i was used to and looking for. Sidenotes is very similar but more customizable

$169 for entire office 1 time fee - website says up to 200 simultaneous users

djanash@mac.com

Post by djanash@mac.com » Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:43 pm

Staff of 37.... I don't think this will go over well because its an extra step. As clunky as OD's system might be I wish it played sound!!
I'll play around with it a bunch, but automation is the key I think

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:47 am

But it does play sound. What do you mean?
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

djanash@mac.com

Post by djanash@mac.com » Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:27 pm

Sorry, it does... I meant play a sound when we click "Arrived" in the status area. Without any extra effort, so computer for Dr. X in op #21, gets to hear that there patient is her

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:53 pm

Oh. Linking the appointment status changes to automatic messages. I don't think anyone has added that to the request list yet, but I like it.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com