optional patient ID & subscriber ID switched??

For users or potential users.
apexlocator

optional patient ID & subscriber ID switched??

Post by apexlocator » Mon Nov 12, 2007 1:52 pm

I've noticed that in version 5.4.3 the optional patient ID is used now instead of the subscriber ID in the 2006 claim form. Was this planned or is it a bug? I usually have the chart# placed in "optional patient ID" but I'll inform my staff if this is a new planned change and not a bug. We will have to resend a few claims with the correct subscriber ID. Thanks.

kv

Jorgebon

Post by Jorgebon » Mon Nov 12, 2007 2:19 pm

I always enter the same number in both the patient ID and the Medicaid ID fields. The patient ID number goes out in electronic claims, and we have a few local plans that use patient ID numbers. They require both the subscriber's ID number and the patient's ID number. On the paper claimforms, you can edit which number you want to use if you double click the form under the Setup / Claimforms menu. So you wouldn't have to change the way you've been doing things if you edit the form. If I'm not mistaken, I think the claimform now comes with the patient SSN as default for the patient ID field. I changed mine to the PatientID-MedicaidOrSSN number.
Jorge Bonilla, DMD

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:50 pm

It's not a bug. It was supposed to have this behavior all along and recently got 'fixed'. That's the whole point of the patient ID is to override the subscriber ID.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

apexlocator

Post by apexlocator » Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:00 pm

Thanks for the info. I'll inform my staff to just leave the optional patient ID blank.

kv