Open Dental with Citrix XenApp

For users or potential users.
Justin Shafer

Open Dental with Citrix XenApp

Post by Justin Shafer » Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:40 pm

http://99.65.61.10

You have to install Citrix Receiver, which is for PC, Iphone, Android, etc.

Im hosting Open Dental from a virtual machine with 1gb of ram so its could be faster.

enamelrod

Re: Open Dental with Citrix XenApp

Post by enamelrod » Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:29 am

ok ? what are you showing me? us? my OD server has been on a virtualized machine for quite some time? esxi but now going to set up a proxmox set up?

Justin Shafer

Post by Justin Shafer » Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:00 am

ProxMox! Wow I thought I was the only one in dentistry thats messed with ProxMox. I still like the idea of doing DRBD with Heartbeat, but were talking servers.. This could be a workstations or a server. Could be physical, could be Virtual. All XenApp does is take an application installed on the computer and serve it out over a browser. Thats it.

The main reason I like it, is the 2d performance. Citrix has always been considered the fastest remote desktop software, compared to LogMeIn, Remote Desktop/Terminal Server, VNC, Gotomypc, etc. Citrix is the most expensive and therefore the fastest.

X-Ray filters is actually pretty fast, adjusting the contrast, brightness, etc.. But I havent really tested it from a remote location, I am about to over at my friends.

I have 5 MB up with AT&T U-Verse...

And, its just for fun.... :D

I should mess with ProxMox again, last time I messed with it, it was too new for me to care about. There are many ways to do a Virtual Machine with failover but ProxMox is nice because of its web based gui. And its cheaper then say Hyper-V with a SAN or Steel-Eye.

enamelrod

Post by enamelrod » Sun Dec 25, 2011 2:26 pm

nicce but my pipe is bigger then yours so i am spoiled and maybe thats why i didnt get what you were showing, I connect to my network through a sonicwall vpn. and even when i connect through logmein. my delay is the screen size not the connection. I have 50/10 at home and 100/10 at the office(which i dont get a full 100/10 because of my sonic wall is slowing down and i havent found a reason to upgrade just to get the speed up from 20/10

Roy A Bloom

Post by Roy A Bloom » Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:02 am

Citix offline with two servers and viirtual machine and you could have a "dumb tablet" with Gobi and everything is run from server while out in the field.