Printers

For users or potential users.
drjrl

Printers

Post by drjrl » Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:53 am

Does anyone else have sizing problems with their laser printer? I have a brother HL2040 at the front dest and we have to resize down 5% to have the claims fit on a 8.5x11. This causes the print to not be very sharp. The 2040 worked prior to moving to the newer versions for the new claim form. Is there a list of recommended printers?

Thanks for any help!

DonDDS

Post by DonDDS » Mon Nov 12, 2007 1:03 pm

According to my installer (with several OD installation jobs)... Some Brother printers don't print correctly.... and all HP printers print fine.
LumaDent, Inc | CEO & Founder
OD since 2006, ex-Mogo, ex-Dentrix

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:47 pm

I don't think that's what drjrl is talking about. Everyone experiences the edges of their claims getting cut off to some degree. This is simply due to the fact that printers can't print that close to the edge. We can't shrink them, or the insurance companies tend to have trouble scanning them. I consider it a design flaw of that form. But as long as the actual data doesn't get chopped off, you should be fine. So no need to shrink them.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

Mitch

Post by Mitch » Sun Nov 18, 2007 11:34 am

I am not able to print the entire claim form using my remote connection,
"log me in". In the office, the claim is printed out fine. However, when I try to print a claim form by logging in from my home, the claim form gets cut off. I am only able to print to line "36"- Authorizations. Also, the fees are cut off as well.

How do I resize the claim form so it fits on the page that I print remotely?

Thanks a lot. :)

Nate

Post by Nate » Sun Nov 25, 2007 5:19 pm

I just bought a new HP Office Jet printer. After hooking it up the claim forms are not printing correctly. It is cutting off the very bottom of the claim form. I tired modifing settings with the printer (boarderless print) and it requires special paper and prints very slow. Is there a way to modify it within open dental?

tdong

Post by tdong » Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:40 am

what I did with the canadian form is that I use photoshop to resize it a bit. Then go to OpenDent to readjust the field. After that it should print perfectly fine on our Laser and InkJet