copy feature on exams

For users or potential users.
Pruce Dental

copy feature on exams

Post by Pruce Dental » Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:37 pm

I know that you can copy forms like medical histories with the "copy" button instead of completely filling them out each time you want to update. Is it possible to copy exam sheets? I do not see a copy selection anywhere. Reason I ask is that sometimes a patient will have some benign lesion that they don't want removed and each time I have to document the size, shape, color, location etc. It would be nice to re-copy the last exam sheet and make any slight modifications. As is, I don't think you can even copy or paste from a sheet or am I missing something?
Robert L. Pruce, DMD
www.prucedental.com

Joe Gordon

Re: copy feature on exams

Post by Joe Gordon » Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:31 am

I am hoping for this feature soon as well. Spoke with support last week about it, and it is a feature that I believe they are working on.

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:52 am

The telephone support staff honestly aren't very involved in feature requests. Their job is simply to help callers learn how to use our built-in feature request system. There is no mechanism for our support staff to place votes or to influence the order in which features are added.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

Joe Gordon

Post by Joe Gordon » Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:07 pm

Of course I wouldn't ask the support staff to add votes for me or influence what features are completed. On occasion, I will call and ask support if there is such a feature, as Robert did in his post. If it isn't, and there is no feature request, then I may ask if it is something that you are working on- as I have seen some cool features that you implemented that I didn't ever see in the system.
So, Jordan, is this something that may be implemented to match the functionality of health histories- possibly in the next release. Or is this something we need to add to the feature request system?
Many Thanks

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:06 pm

Joe Gordon wrote:then I may ask if it is something that you are working on
My point is that they can't possibly know; they do not have access to that information.
I have seen some cool features that you implemented that I didn't ever see in the system
Because there are certain features that you don't even know you want until we build them. Some features are also added as foundation for later features.
is this something that may be implemented to match the functionality of health histories- possibly in the next release. Or is this something we need to add to the feature request system?
Feature request.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com