Apteryx

For users or potential users.
teamhowey

Apteryx

Post by teamhowey » Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:49 am

For those using Apteryx, is it just the button in in open dental that opens Apteryx and creates the patient there? Or is Apteryx running in the background and you are actually placing the intraoral photos in Open Dental?

I read the bridge intructions in OD http://opendental.com/manual/bridgeapteryx.html , but are you using Apteryx's XrayVision.exe or XVAssitant.exe? I do not see the XrayVision.exe

jordansparks
Site Admin

Re: Apteryx

Post by jordansparks » Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:16 am

First, for the exe, just use whatever exe you would use to launch Apteryx to run independently.

The bridge opens Apteryx and creates the patient there. It does not store images in Open Dental. You can mix and match. For example, some offices store scanned documents in Open Dental and radiographs in Apteryx.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

savvy

Re: Apteryx

Post by savvy » Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:01 pm

I use CliniView (form of Apteryx). with OD.
I enabled the bridge in OD.
I placed a radio button in the Chart Module.
Clicking the radio button, runs CliniView.
Patient automatically pops up.
CliniView stores our xrays.
Cliniview did store all our images (scanned docs, scanned x-rays, photos etc prior to the use of OD.
Now OD is used to store all images except x-rays.
I use Instrumentarium OP100D for panos (direct connection with CV)
I use phosphor plate film processed using Optime.
All works GREAT.
I moved the Patient File ( patient database) from the CliniView program file folder to the server data drive so that all the office data is located in in the same place, on a separate drive, so that it is easy to backup and easy to physically move from one machine to another should things like fried motherboard or bad boot occurs. (only had to do that once...made life super simple).

Cheers!!
Candy is dandy, but sex won't rot your teeth.

Cheers!!!
Go Bears!!!!!
Savvy