Running on MAC computer

For users or potential users.
mainstreetdds

Running on MAC computer

Post by mainstreetdds » Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:08 am

I would like opinions of any MAC users regarding set up and ease of use and reliability of fusing this Window's based program into MAC hardware. Any MAC office in New England willing to have me do a site visit would be a bonus. Thx.

stjames70

Re: Running on MAC computer

Post by stjames70 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:09 pm

do a forum search for 'Open Dental on a MAC'

I just posted a reply to a question about running Windows 7 on a Mac. Running Windows as a virtual machine is reliable and functional on a Mac. The only reason why I use Apple machines is that they seem to fail less often, are more aesthetically pleasing, and they were the only form factor which really fit in well in our crowded operatories.

I am not a newbie to network problems, and I could probably build a computer from common bin parts so my knowledge would be on the moderate side. With that in mind, I would much rather resolve a problem on an Apple network than one in a Windows environment. Also, having the ability to 'create' a new Windows machine in the time it takes to clone it from another machine was also very appealing. Who wants to reinstall Windows from scratch? Not me.

I am also an overhead and control freak. I will not spend a dime on an IT expert unless I am totally lost, and I don't like the idea of a stranger rummaging through my personal/business/patient data.