Multi-page Sheets?

For users or potential users.
Smilesbypayet

Multi-page Sheets?

Post by Smilesbypayet » Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:48 am

Just wondering.....is there a way to make a multi-page sheet?

Specifically, it's because I have 1 page for the benefits included with the Quality Dental Plan, and 1 page with Limitations/Exclusions, and it's just an extra step to have to print 2 separate ones.

Pruce Dental

Re: Multi-page Sheets?

Post by Pruce Dental » Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:23 am

It's a feature request that I want to see happen too...my medical and dental history took 3 sheets to make and therefore we have to ask the patient to sign 3 separate sheets in addition to the registration form and the HIPAA form..for a total of 5 signatures for a new patient...

pleae vote on this feature!!!!...it's more near the top than the bottom of the feature list...
Robert L. Pruce, DMD
www.prucedental.com

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:06 pm

When a patient fills out a 5 page paper form, do you really make them sign all 5 pages? No, you make them sign the last page. I suggest putting all the important stuff on the same page as the signature.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

Pruce Dental

Post by Pruce Dental » Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:34 pm

Well if I had a physical piece of paper I would use both sides and have them sign only the back because it would be easy to prove that the patient had access to the form..but with multipage sheets how do you prove that a patient read the form and completed each individual sheet?...Isn't it customary when signing legal multi page documents to initial all pages?...so if i don't have them sign each page how do I prove that I didn't go back after the fact and alter a medical history?..the signature shows that no alterations could have been made right?...I constantly find patients that omit info on their histories because they think it is not important for their dentist to know...
Robert L. Pruce, DMD
www.prucedental.com

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:36 pm

That's true. How about labeling some of your sig boxes as initial boxes?
Jordan Sparks, DMD

Pruce Dental

Post by Pruce Dental » Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:40 pm

I am guessing that it would take just as long for a patient to figure out how to initial the topaz as it would for them to sign.... :lol:

I am hoping for multi-page sheets to simplify this...
Robert L. Pruce, DMD
www.prucedental.com

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:08 pm

When I envision a "multi-page" sheet, I see a very tall and narrow single page sheet. It would print on multiple pages, but on the screen it would look like one taller scrollable page. Much like how a web page looks as it gets more information on it. I mention it just in case anyone else is thinking of something different.
Jordan Sparks, DMD

Pruce Dental

Post by Pruce Dental » Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:42 am

That's the way I envisioned it too...

But you comment made me think about other alternatives...

could multipages be treated kinda like an automation feature..ie you can make a bunch of single page sheets and group them together and have them all load together if you select a multipage...in my example above I could clck on a new patient multipage sheet and it loads all 5 of my existing sheets and somehow only requires one signature that effects all 5 pages if a single change is made on any of them would invalidate the signature...there could be a tab at the bottom of the screen to jump back and forth between sheets....

just thinking out loud...
Robert L. Pruce, DMD
www.prucedental.com

Smilesbypayet

Post by Smilesbypayet » Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:23 am

jordansparks wrote:When I envision a "multi-page" sheet, I see a very tall and narrow single page sheet. It would print on multiple pages, but on the screen it would look like one taller scrollable page. Much like how a web page looks as it gets more information on it. I mention it just in case anyone else is thinking of something different.
Jordan, that is exactly the way I imagined it, too. The important feature to be included would be a visual dividing line, so we would know where one page ends and the next begins.

Hersheydmd

Post by Hersheydmd » Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:18 am

jordansparks wrote:When a patient fills out a 5 page paper form, do you really make them sign all 5 pages? No, you make them sign the last page. I suggest putting all the important stuff on the same page as the signature.
I also have 5 pages and I make them sign each one. Otherwise where is the proof that they read or filled out the form themselves?
Robert M Hersh DMD, FAGD
Univ. of Penn 1982
Brooklyn, NY 11234
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Robert-M ... 1471599429