Tab Order

For users or potential users.
Pruce Dental

Tab Order

Post by Pruce Dental » Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:11 pm

Just trying the new 11.1.3....

Thanks for adding the tab order...

I noticed though that you have to click on the first input field (or another before the tab key will work).. shouldn't the tab key be set by default on the item set up on the sheet as tab 1? Also noticed when you tab to the very end that it doesn't tab back to the top of the page to start over. Could it be programmed that after the lab assigned tab in the series is clicked that the next time you press the tab key it tabs back to tab 1?
Robert L. Pruce, DMD
www.prucedental.com

jordansparks
Site Admin

Re: Tab Oder

Post by jordansparks » Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:28 pm

Good points. I've put those on an internal task list for us to review.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

Pruce Dental

Post by Pruce Dental » Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:28 am

Jordan..Thanks..say the improvement in tab order in version 11.1.8!!! works great....

It is sooo nice to be on a software with a company that cares about their customers and listens to them!!!

I moved from softdent last year...two different worlds...for example I spoke with someone on the softdent development team by phone at least 5 times and at least a dozen times by email to explain in one of their versions on their chart (which I paid thousands extra for!) that they accidently renames all the All ceramic crowns from PJC to PFM on the graphical charts...it took them 3-4 years to fix it..they asked me at least 6 times to re-explain the difference from a PJC and a PFM..I even quotes the ADA codes...even quoted the EXACT page in their written manual which said that all ceramic crowns were called PJC's and had a picture of a graphical chart with the words PJC written on the tooth instead of the word PFM and they asked at least 2-3 times more for clarification!..seriously took them 3-4 years to unbreak their "UPGRADE"
Robert L. Pruce, DMD
www.prucedental.com

Pruce Dental

Post by Pruce Dental » Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:31 am

opps just noticed the typo on my initial post subject line...you can change that if you want from 'oder" to 'order" so people don't think OD stinks :oops:
Robert L. Pruce, DMD
www.prucedental.com

Pruce Dental

Re: Tab Order

Post by Pruce Dental » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:42 pm

Jordan...

Was just making up an exam sheet for my diagnodent scores. I made static text fields for each tooth number and misc input fields for the diagnodent scores. When I tab thru the sheet to my last set tab instead of jumping back to tab order #1 it jumps back and tabs thru the static text fileds which you cannot even set tab order for those fields. Is that a bug? This is version 11.1.11.0 btw...
Robert L. Pruce, DMD
www.prucedental.com

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:53 pm

I think we ran out of time to tidy up that detail. It's not really quite a bug, and I don't think we will have time to fix it. We categorize issues like this in the gray area called "annoyances".
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

Pruce Dental

Post by Pruce Dental » Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:30 am

Agreed...

I wouldn't even really call it an annoyance...I just figured maybe you were not aware of it...after I posted it i thought Jordan's gonna think I am really nit picking and I almost wanted to delete my post :oops:
Robert L. Pruce, DMD
www.prucedental.com