Medications List

For users or potential users.
savvy

Medications List

Post by savvy » Tue Oct 30, 2007 1:57 pm

Today I entered the Top 50 Most Prescribed Medications as per Harold Crossley DDS 2007 Annual Session lecture.

In doing so, I ran into a slightly confusing characteristic in which this table is set up. There are not enough character spaces between the columns.

Is there a way to increase the spacing between the columns to at least 40 characters?

That way there will be adequate space between the long name generic medications (ie: hydrocodone with acetaminophen 7.5mg) and the margin of the next column.

Cheers!!!

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Tue Oct 30, 2007 3:26 pm

Good point. That window was built before we had the grids with automatic line wrap. So it might just be time to put it all into a scrollable grid with a search filter.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

dand

Post by dand » Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:36 pm

Jordan,

Just want you to know that when I show people this part of the program they are really impressed.....and of course they love the tooth graphics.

Keep up the good work

DanD

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:56 pm

Thanks.
Jordan Sparks, DMD

cneelley

Post by cneelley » Wed Oct 31, 2007 5:52 am

Is it possible to have a pop-up with medication information, (such as what it is used for, how it may impact our dental work) for the most common drugs prescribed?

Dr. Neelley

JimZ

Post by JimZ » Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:30 pm

I don't know if the software was intended to be used this way, but here goes. When I enter a medication (generic first), under the NOTES, I'll enter a description with its use. Example: Atenolol and under NOTES-- B Blocker/ Hypertension. When I enter a brand Tenormin, the software will keep this note under this medication. In the CHART view, once the medication Tenormin is added, I can add the dosage under NOTES FOR PATIENT. Now in the Chart view, I'm able to read which medications the patient is on and the reason for their use, and dosage if I choose. Hope this wasn't too confusing. Maybe Dr. Sparks can explain it better.

Jim

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:35 pm

Yes, that's correct. But what Dr. Neelley was asking for was to not have to do all the work of looking up each med the first time. It's a reasonable request. It will happen, just not sure when.
Jordan Sparks, DMD

wjstarck

Post by wjstarck » Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:07 am

It'd also be nice if the generics and brands were arranged in tabular format, like so (the dots represent white space as this forum edits out spaces):

Generic...................Brand name(s)..................Notes
Atenolol ..................Tenormin..........................Beta Blocker
Warfarin Sodium.......Coumadin.........................

The current scheme is a little hard on the eyes!
Cheers,

Bill Starck, DDS
Big Idea Software, LLC
Developer, EASy(Electronic Anesthesia System) for Open Dental
817-807-1709
TX, USA

Nate

Post by Nate » Tue Nov 06, 2007 7:24 am

Is there a way to simply import/export the medication list. Some of us have already entered many meds with descriptions and it would be a great start for others. I probably have over 200 fairly common meds that my patients are on with descriptions. I would gladly share my data.

dand

Post by dand » Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:08 am

I downloaded the top 200 drugs from the internet and the list I had also had a simple reason for the med. ex. insulin diabetes
It took my college daughter one day to put them in. We added to the list as needed which was not that difficult. By the end of the first month are list was pretty much complete. Now maybe one every week or two.