Problem List (Up & Down Arrows)

For users or potential users.
jclaydds

Problem List (Up & Down Arrows)

Post by jclaydds » Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:32 pm

Using Version 11.0.30

I keep the items on the problem list in alphabetical order so they can easily be located by staff members. I am finding it nearly impossible and very frustrating to move items up and down the problem list using the up and down arrows. Occasionally, I will get expected behavior and the item moves up or down one notch as I click the up or down buttons with my mouse. More often than not, the item will move up or down two positions or more. The movement behavior is quite erratic. I see this erratic behavior when moving items both up and down the list.

Another problem: I will be trying to move an item up or down on the list. The highlighted item won't remain highlighted as you try to repeatedly click the up or down arrow. It would seem that the item would stay highlighted until you get it into proper position in the list.

Moving these items into proper position takes a good bit of time and lots of mouse clicks. Any chance the problem list could be made to be arranged alphabetically automatically like you have done for the allergy list?

Thanks

jordansparks
Site Admin

Re: Problem List (Up & Down Arrows)

Post by jordansparks » Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:16 pm

The erratic behavior as well as the fact that the current item doesn't stay selected would be bugs. Added to the bug list. Why don't we fix that first? Then, you probably won't care if it does it automatically.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

jclaydds

Post by jclaydds » Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:51 pm

Getting the erratic behavior and the highlighted item issue addressed will certainly be a big help. I still think the alphabetical order would be nice as well. Consider if you have a 100 items or more on your problem/disease list. You enter a new problem such as Asthma. Normal behavior in the past was this would show up at the end of the problem list when you add it. I didn't mention it in my first post but for some odd reason, a new added problem is now showing up in random locations in the list -- not at the end of the list as it use to be. Assuming that "Asthma" did show up at the end of the list, a 100 or so mouse clicks later -- you have it in the proper location in the "A" section of the list in alphabetical order. Getting the items in alphabetical order can take a little time to do so depending on how many items you have on your list.

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:07 am

It falls under the category of a new feature request. It's reasonable, but it's still a request.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com