2012:25,000 charts - about to scan them all in. Suggestions?

For users or potential users.
djanash@mac.com

2012:25,000 charts - about to scan them all in. Suggestions?

Post by djanash@mac.com » Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:23 am

Im about to acquire a large 21-op office, 28 years old. We currently use Epson GTS50 (and we love it)in my other paperless office but Id love to know if The Fuji Scan Snap is any better at doing paper scans - scratch that - multipage scans directly into OD. Id like to avoid going through a process where we create a PDF and then import manually

Also whats is the best way to scan the X-rays? Any model recommendations? I've read and bookmarked a bunch of posts but they tend to be a bit older and you know how these guys come out with new equipment all the time. ALso I started my first office with digital X-rays so i was never an issue.

I will have the assistant scanning in their free time and buy about 6 or 7 of these and place them all around the office. And yes I will only be scanning in patients that come in and then eventually get rid of the paper charts.. some good ideas on these boards by some clever people - I just want to summarize, update and learn how to best execute on this,

What does the law say? 7 years worth of X-rays?
THanks in advance

enamelrod

Re: 2012:25,000 charts - about to scan them all in. Suggestions?

Post by enamelrod » Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:00 am

i have both scanners the two differences 1. fuji is not a twain driver and comes with adobe standard. speed wise the are very close. epson is a little cheaper. also you may want to read the updates coming to version 11.1.

djanash@mac.com

Post by djanash@mac.com » Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:55 am

I think after reading about the version updates, my best bet would be to go with epson GS50's because it is twain and directly connects to OD
and can do multiple pages
there isn't a way I can scan multiple sets of X-rays though yet - I guess I can dream

enamelrod

Post by enamelrod » Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:47 am

yes and no. what i did was set up a light box and took a photo of the xrays. this was fast for the xrays that where in mounts.