email

For users or potential users.
jamesx2

email

Post by jamesx2 » Sun Oct 28, 2007 1:43 am

I am having trouble setting up the email pop server. I use yahoo and i have entered in smtp.mail.yahoo.com, 465 and my email address but still get error sending email. Is there a trick to using yahoo? I have the premier service so I think I should be able to get this working.

Also, suggestion to add to the long list of future improvements. It would be nice if we could attach the treatment plan to the email by hitting a single button. If we want to send the treatment plan to patient we have to save to file then attach to email.

Also, I notice that you are planning on adding bulk email for those people that need to schedule a recall appt. Can you also add to the list for sending bulk email for reminders to those patients that scheduled their appt 6 months ago? We are unable to send reminder cards to our patients here as the mail service is reliably unreliable. It would be nice to send reminder emails to the recall appt. patients.

ps. I am very excited about the release of 5.3 and 5.4 as both of those versions have many improvements that will help us out a lot here. keep up the great work. :D

wjstarck

Post by wjstarck » Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:48 am

A lot of the bigger ISPs (Yahoo, Verizon, etc) will often block sending on port 25 as an antispam countermeasure.

You need to change the port you send on to (usually) 587. Is 465 the port Yahoo is using?

You'll also need to configure your email software so that it sends your username and password for that account.

Let me know if you need further help getting this going,
Cheers,

Bill Starck, DDS
Big Idea Software, LLC
Developer, EASy(Electronic Anesthesia System) for Open Dental
817-807-1709
TX, USA

jamesx2

Post by jamesx2 » Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:39 am

465 is the port yahoo said to use. I still am unable to get it setup

wjstarck

Post by wjstarck » Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:53 am

Please post the error message you get - also, which email client are you using?
Cheers,

Bill Starck, DDS
Big Idea Software, LLC
Developer, EASy(Electronic Anesthesia System) for Open Dental
817-807-1709
TX, USA

tdong

Post by tdong » Sun Oct 28, 2007 11:12 am

smtp (sending mail) has nothing to do with yahoo. when sending mail you need to use your own ISP provider smtp server. I am assuming you pop yahoo email to Outlook or compatible email program.

Yahoo or whatever doesn't allow sending mail replay and that is what you are doing.

sparkly

Re: email

Post by sparkly » Sun Oct 28, 2007 6:20 pm

jamesx2 wrote: Also, I notice that you are planning on adding bulk email for those people that need to schedule a recall appt. Can you also add to the list for sending bulk email for reminders to those patients that scheduled their appt 6 months ago? We are unable to send reminder cards to our patients here as the mail service is reliably unreliable. It would be nice to send reminder emails to the recall appt. patients.
ditto!! can't wait for more email capability in all modules.