microsoft infopath

For users or potential users.
d2dental

microsoft infopath

Post by d2dental » Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:28 pm

Can we integrate microsoft infopath forms with opendental. Say i have a form in infopath and i want to see a tab that link's to this form in my chart module, What is the best way to do that? Thanks.

jordansparks
Site Admin

Re: microsoft infopath

Post by jordansparks » Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:37 am

If you're talking about a template, then you can put that path into a Program Link and make it show in the toolbar. If you're talking about a filled-out form, then you could put in in that patient's AtoZ folder.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

d2dental

Post by d2dental » Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:25 am

Thanks, it's done. As the form would be filled when we open a particular patient, Could we make the form save in patient's folder as we click on save button after filling the form. Now i have to go the long way of save as-my computer- C drive- open dental images- pt's folder- save.

Jorgebon

Post by Jorgebon » Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:55 am

It would be easier to import from the patient's images module. Just save the document normally, then go to the patient's images module and click the import icon.
Jorge Bonilla, DMD
Jorge Bonilla DMD
Open Dental user since May 2005

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:38 am

If InfoPath allows VB coding in macros, then you can do all sorts of things like that. You would pass in the PatNum on the command line when opening, and the macro could save it in the appropriate patient folder.
Jordan Sparks, DMD

d2dental

Post by d2dental » Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:04 am

I think we can, below is what i had found in help. But novice to programming, i prefer not to alter anything in form. Does it shows we can???

Microsoft Script Editor Help

By adding script to a form, you can add functions that automate and extend the functionality of the form. Microsoft Script Editor (MSE) enables you to develop script for a form and supports several scripting languages, including Microsoft Visual Basic Scripting Edition (VBScript) and JScript.

HideOpen MSE Help

In design mode, create a new, blank form or open an existing form.
On the Tools menu, point to Programming, and then click Microsoft Script Editor.

The MSE program starts.

On the Help menu in MSE, click Microsoft Script Editor Help.

The following table describes the sets of documentation in MSE Help that are relevant to developing forms.
Resource Description
Microsoft Script Editor Help Information about using MSE, including how to customize the program, as well as techniques for developing and debugging script.
Microsoft XML (MSXML) 5.0 SDK Information about using Extensible Markup Language, the XML Document Object Model (DOM), XML Schemas, XSL Transformation (XSLT), and XPath. It also includes various developer guides and language references that discuss each of these XML-based technologies.
JScript Reference Information about using JScript, including a language reference and tutorial.
VBScript Reference Information about using VBScript, including a language reference and tutorial.[/

d2dental

Post by d2dental » Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:53 am

I have found a new help page that explains the connection wizard, but before tempring with database would like to know the fields to be selected in each pop up box during the data connection...
Link for the page is:
http://www.techrepublic.com/article/sol ... 03/5618641

*** As we are using SQL server, please Read fig. I before fig.A.
Anyone lay out the steps as a lot of new options for customised forms will open up with this. Thanks and regards.

Hersheydmd

Post by Hersheydmd » Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:07 am

This sounds kind of interesting. Can someone explain what infopath is and what it can do for us with regard to OD?
Robert M Hersh DMD, FAGD
Univ. of Penn 1982
Brooklyn, NY 11234
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Robert-M ... 1471599429

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:01 am

I do not believe it will help you.
Jordan Sparks, DMD