Feature Request re: task List

For users or potential users.
Rickliftig

Feature Request re: task List

Post by Rickliftig » Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:09 am

I'm not sure if this would qualify for a feature request or not. Several times in the last few weeks, a staff member has left me a note in my task list concerning a patient - We use this routinely for call back's, etc. Could there be an option to "Send this" task to the patient's comm log? I cut and paste, which works just fine, but just asking if it is feasible. Anyone else encounter this little hitch?

best,

Rick
Another Happy Open Dental User!

Rick Liftig, DMD FAGD
University of CT 1979
West Hartford, CT 06110
srick@snet.net

jordansparks
Site Admin

Re: Feature Request re: task List

Post by jordansparks » Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:31 am

You want it in the commlog so that it will show in the Account?
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

Rickliftig

Post by Rickliftig » Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:08 am

Well it is a communication, but a clinical one. Should there be a delineation between Account/ appointment communications and clinical ones?

As I see it, the front desk spoke with the patient and provided specific advice which is probably bordering on clinical... this would likely be considered part of the medical record.

I know it makes it more complex, but maybe that delineation is necessary so that it doesn't appear in the account - maybe a check box "show in clinical chart only"

Rick Liftig, DMD FAGD
University of CT 1979
West Hartford, CT 06110
srick@snet.net

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:04 am

Clinical communications simply don't belong in the commlog. That deliniation is already there. Clinical communications belong in procedure notes.

But back to your original question. Since tasks already show in the progress notes, and since you don't seem to want this information to show anywhere else, then why do you want it to go into a commlog entry?
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

Rickliftig

Post by Rickliftig » Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:28 pm

jordansparks wrote: But back to your original question. Since tasks already show in the progress notes, and since you don't seem to want this information to show anywhere else, then why do you want it to go into a commlog entry?
My bad! Of course! The task should be entered with the patient name parameter! Simple matter of training (as usual). Sorry to waste your time.

best,

Rick

Rick Liftig, DMD FAGD
University of CT 1979
West Hartford, CT 06110
srick@snet.net