Prioritizing saved tx plans

For users or potential users.
jrpappy

Prioritizing saved tx plans

Post by jrpappy » Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:58 am

Is there any way to reorder saved tx plans. I've noticed that the priorities can be changed, but the order of the list stays the same.

As an aside, it would be great to be able to add to a saved tx plan. I've had staff members fabricated a long treatment option and save it, only to find out that they forgot something small, like a build-up. Another example would be a patient agreeing to all but a few items on a saved treatment plan. The ability to edit and re-save a saved tx plan would be great.

Does anyone else see benefit in this? Any work arounds?

jordansparks
Site Admin

Re: Prioritizing saved tx plans

Post by jordansparks » Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:33 am

I think feature requests 696 would help the most.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

Hersheydmd

Post by Hersheydmd » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:29 am

jrpappy wrote:Is there any way to reorder saved tx plans. I've noticed that the priorities can be changed, but the order of the list stays the same.

The saved tx plans are listed in order by date. Let's say you have two plans that were made on the same date, but you want the one listed second to be listed first, just double click to edit the tx plan and change the date to a day earlier or change the other one to a day later and the order will change.

As an aside, it would be great to be able to add to a saved tx plan. I've had staff members fabricated a long treatment option and save it, only to find out that they forgot something small, like a build-up. Another example would be a patient agreeing to all but a few items on a saved treatment plan. The ability to edit and re-save a saved tx plan would be great.

It's easy to add to a tx plan. Just go to the Default Tx Plan and highlight all the procedures you want in the tx plan, then delete the original one that was missing something. To edit a tx plan just go back to the Default and create a new one and save it. You can save as many versions as you want and delete which ever ones you don't want. And you can order them any way you want by adjusting the dates.

Does anyone else see benefit in this? Any work arounds?
Robert M Hersh DMD, FAGD
Univ. of Penn 1982
Brooklyn, NY 11234
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Robert-M ... 1471599429

jrpappy

Post by jrpappy » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:54 am

You're right, it is easy to add a tx plan. But when the treatment plans are very complex and there are multiple tx options for multiple teeth, remaking the tx plan can be tough. It would be nice to be able to use the proposed tx plan as the "new default" and edit it as necessary. Especially nice when a big tx plan has a few minor alterations needed.

babysilvertooth

Post by babysilvertooth » Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:55 am

IS there any way to 'add' to the default plan a discount (like profession discount) (not insurance related PPO discount)?

Otherwise I have to print the plan and hand write the discount.

Any ideas?

TanT

Post by TanT » Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:16 am

If you save the treatment plan then double click the procedure you want to add the discount to (from the saved tp) you can add a discount, then just check the box under the "show" section to include the discount column. Eventhough the discount check box says "(PPO)" it is also to show manually entered discounts as described above.
Tanya Support Tech #16
Open Dental Software

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:00 am

Also, you can add notes to the description column of any of the rows. You can also edit amounts freely once saved.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

atd

Post by atd » Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:14 pm

Another example would be a patient agreeing to all but a few items on a saved treatment plan. The ability to edit and re-save a saved tx plan would be great.
In this situation we change the priority for those procedures to "declined" on both the default and saved tx plans and still mark it signed for the rest of the treatment they did agree to.

jrpappy

Post by jrpappy » Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:42 am

Thanks for the suggestions. That should help.

Problem remains that any additional treatment items cannot be added and treatment plan needs to be started from scratch. I still think editing would be a nice feature.

yarbrodds

Post by yarbrodds » Fri May 20, 2016 11:09 am

I'm thinking some of the responses are indicating not everybody understands the original poster's question - and we have the same issue...I looked through feature request and didn't really find one specific to this problem, so I started one as #4643. Below are some photos indicating what we're dealing with. When you have somebody with tx already entered/prioritized/tx plan saved from a previous appt, and then they come in with additional treatment needed and you want to give a treatment plan for JUST that new tx. In this example, we have somebody who is cash pay so we gave him a tx plan of his 4 PMs for the year. Then he came in and needed tx, and we wanted to give him a tx plan showing just that tx, separate from his cleanings. If you highlight the new treatment and save it to a saved tx plan, and then try to prioritize within that saved tx plan, it doesn't put the items in order of priority like it would if it were in the Active Tx plan. The work-around we currently use is to prioritize it in the active tx plan and just intermingle it with the existing prioritized items, then select each of the new tx items, and click "Save TP" - then it pulls that new tx already prioritized into a new tx plan. But it would be nice if this would be fixed - it seems like it could be something simple to do. :-)

https://goo.gl/photos/gcghMtvXjBktr9Rx8

Mgostigian

Post by Mgostigian » Tue May 24, 2016 2:02 pm

yarbrodds wrote:I'm thinking some of the responses are indicating not everybody understands the original poster's question - and we have the same issue...I looked through feature request and didn't really find one specific to this problem, so I started one as #4643. Below are some photos indicating what we're dealing with. When you have somebody with tx already entered/prioritized/tx plan saved from a previous appt, and then they come in with additional treatment needed and you want to give a treatment plan for JUST that new tx. In this example, we have somebody who is cash pay so we gave him a tx plan of his 4 PMs for the year. Then he came in and needed tx, and we wanted to give him a tx plan showing just that tx, separate from his cleanings. If you highlight the new treatment and save it to a saved tx plan, and then try to prioritize within that saved tx plan, it doesn't put the items in order of priority like it would if it were in the Active Tx plan. The work-around we currently use is to prioritize it in the active tx plan and just intermingle it with the existing prioritized items, then select each of the new tx items, and click "Save TP" - then it pulls that new tx already prioritized into a new tx plan. But it would be nice if this would be fixed - it seems like it could be something simple to do. :-)

https://goo.gl/photos/gcghMtvXjBktr9Rx8
I am glad you bumped this thread, as I think I am having a similar issue. When we go to a saved tx plan, we can change the priority but it does not group them together. For example, we might have a tx plan of RCT, buildup and crown on #19, MOD on #20, and DO on #21. We want the priority to show RCT #1, buildup and crown #2, and the fillings #3. We end up with scattered tx plans showing priority #1 RCT, Priority #2 crown, Priority #3 fillings, Priority #2 buildup. It doesn't group the priority #2 items together and doesn't even put them in the correct number order. I feel like it did that at one point but recently we are realizing it is not? Did something change or has it always been this way?