Online Scheduler

For users or potential users.
delhidentist

Online Scheduler

Post by delhidentist » Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:26 pm

I use Open Dental International Version 7.9.24.0 in New Delhi, India.

I have recently subscribed to a Virtual Secretary on a trial basis to see if this can work long term and provide better services to my patients while keeping the running costs down. Under this, telephone calls for appointments etc. to the clinic get diverted to my virtual secretary. Virtual secretary is a real person sitting in an office in another part of the country who will attend to this call, and take messages, or schedule or reschedule or cancel appointments and/or make reminder calls etc. Much like a clinic call center.

For this to work the virtual secretary needs to have access to scheduled appointments but her access to patient treatment information/payments etc needs to be restricted. I am therefore currently using Google Calendar to schedule appointments, mentioning the name and telephone number on google calendar. The access to my calendar is restricted to me and the virtual secretary only and both of us can make changes on the same in real time. Plus Google Calendar is free, something which is of main consideration for dentists in developing countries.

Is there any way of having open dental scheduler sync with google calendar or some other way of having an online appointment calendar.

Arun

drtech

Re: Online Scheduler

Post by drtech » Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:42 am

you would be better off setting up one computer in your office that the virtual secretary can use remotely via something like LogMeIn. Just limit her access to the appointment book with security settings in OD. That way everything is already entered into OD. There is currently no way to synchronize Google calendar or any other way at this time that I know of...
David Fuchs
Dentist - Springfield, MO
Smile Dental http://www.887-smile.com

Vanguard

Post by Vanguard » Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:54 am

I am interested in using a virtual secretery as well. Does anyone know of a company that provides this service in the USA? I am in Washington state.
Thanks

ssmiles

Post by ssmiles » Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:36 am

we are using appletreeanswers.