Chime on Open Dental Website

For users or potential users.
Jay

Chime on Open Dental Website

Post by Jay » Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:15 am

At the outset let me say I love OD (the software), this community and the OD support staff. I am hard pressed to think of a single thing to complain about. But I recently realized that the chime on the opendental.com website sometimes can be annoying. In our practice the patient monitors are linked to the operatory PC via HDMI so when one is troubleshooting and happens to visit the OD website the chime plays loudly on the patient monitor. Similar things have happened at the front desk which we try to maintain as a quiet area.

Now this chime might be a favorite of some others so if it cannot be removed/disabled, can the OD team perhaps edit the sound file to reduce the loudness at the server end?

We use Chrome so if there is a browser level solution specific to the OD website, that'll be great too. We do not want to mute all sounds on the PC.

Pruce Dental

Re: Chime on Open Dental Website

Post by Pruce Dental » Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:26 am

Yeah the chime... it tells everyone in the office I am not working and goofing off again on the OD site...or worse yet my wife knows in the evening I am not doing important business stuff and just looking at the OD site!!!
Robert L. Pruce, DMD
www.prucedental.com

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:16 am

It's the first complaint so far. I'm surprised it took this long for anyone to complain. It's been years since we added it, but at least we were careful to make the sound as short as possible. We'll see what we can do, although it will probably have to wait for a little while until we completely overhaul the site again.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

Jay

Post by Jay » Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:25 am

Thanks Jordan.

enamelrod

Post by enamelrod » Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:18 am

lol yeah it is irritating at 3am when i wake up my wife..but i just created a fav in my browser to the open dental manual page and just click on that and there is no sound to that page

Jay

Post by Jay » Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:25 am

No more chime. I prefer the silence although I had grown used to the chime.