Internal Notes in sheets

For users or potential users.
Rickliftig

Internal Notes in sheets

Post by Rickliftig » Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:17 am

When a sheet is entered into the progress notes, there is a box for "internal notes. " It would be helpfiul if these internal notes appeared in the progress notes, too.

For example, I generated a letter to an insurance company today. In the progress notes, all that is visible is "Letter - Insurance" . The internal note: is letter to Delta concerning #11 - that should show up for our reference.

Thanks,

Rick
Another Happy Open Dental User!

Rick Liftig, DMD FAGD
University of CT 1979
West Hartford, CT 06110
srick@snet.net

Rickliftig

Re: Internal Notes in sheets

Post by Rickliftig » Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:39 am

In honor of Halloween, I thought to revive this zombie thread.

So what is the internal note on a referral slip? Why does it not show up in the chart (it would be a good idea)? And the checkoff box for "Show order in kiosk": What's that about?

RL

Rick Liftig, DMD FAGD
University of CT 1979
West Hartford, CT 06110
srick@snet.net

enamelrod

Post by enamelrod » Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:40 am

post a request so i can vote for it. great idea. Good zombie

jsalmon

Post by jsalmon » Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:19 pm

Rickliftig wrote:So what is the internal note on a referral slip?
It's actually a generic internal note for any kind of sheet (not just for referrals). It's simply there in case you want to write down a short note specifically for that particular sheet.
Rickliftig wrote:Why does it not show up in the chart (it would be a good idea)?
It was written before I showed up so I don't have an exact answer but if I were to guess it would be to not clutter up the progress note section because people don't use it very often thus it would just be an empty column most of the time. It would be a very easy feature request to implement FYI.
Rickliftig wrote:And the checkoff box for "Show order in kiosk": What's that about?
The checkoff box? I'm not familiar with a checkoff box regarding order for the kiosk. There is a text box that is just another way to add sheets to the kiosk queue instead of using the typical "To Kiosk" button.
http://opendental.com/manual/sheetsfillout.html
http://opendental.com/manual/kiosk.html
The best thing about a boolean is even if you are wrong, you are only off by a bit.

Jason Salmon
Open Dental Software
http://www.opendental.com

Rickliftig

Post by Rickliftig » Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:12 pm

Thanks Jason... This may be a useful request to make. I actually would like to have a notation sometimes in the chart that was more complete than just "referral" ie... Referral for extraction #19

One improvement I need to re-request is a mechanism to indicate when a sheet was last filled out as many are not self-evident. For example, when was a person chart filled out last? You can always check the perio chart button, but I would love a dashboard feature where this and other recurrent forms (ie. Sig on file) would indicate their last date of entry.

Best,
Rick

Rick Liftig, DMD FAGD
University of CT 1979
West Hartford, CT 06110
srick@snet.net