Scheduling Times

For users or potential users.
parksjdp

Scheduling Times

Post by parksjdp » Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:24 am

We have set up our codes to show the default amount of time for each procedure. Specifically, our hygiene appts are set-up to be one hour appts for Ex, Pro, 4BW. However, when you schedule that appointment from the quick proc buttons, it does resemble how we set it up on the schedule (it schedules 1/2 hour instead). Any one have these problems?
JD Parks
Pratice Manager
Patera Family Dentistry
712-364-3101
jparks@paterafamilydentistry.com

DavidWolf

Post by DavidWolf » Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:03 am

I have had trouble trying to get the schedule times for provider and procedures to default correctly.

I have been told this will not currently work for me because I use Chairtime as my rate limiting factor rather than Provider time.

But that being said even if I were using Provider time something still seems to not work well for me. Here is an example: If a hygiene Appt is scheduled for 45 minutes and has the prophy and periodic exam attached to it as the procedures and the provider time is set XXX. If you open that appointment and add bitewings to the appointment the provider time changes to /X/. No matter how I setup the individual procedures I don't seem to be able to make the provider time stay XXX automatically.

Since I don't use the auxillary schedule blocks at all I just have my staff try to remember to set all the appt blocks to 'X' whenever they schedule anything.

DW

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:44 pm

The math involved in appt calculation is explained in the manual. It's doing what it was designed to do. It just needs to be overhauled to handle offices that use fixed chair times.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

DavidWolf

Post by DavidWolf » Thu Oct 25, 2007 10:00 am

Thanks again for the efforts.
Cheers.
DW