few house keeping questions with manage module and reports

For users or potential users.
babysilvertooth

few house keeping questions with manage module and reports

Post by babysilvertooth » Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:00 am

1) In the manage module, there is a deposits button, can I clear out the old deposits that show up?

2) under reports, for daily payments, all the payments show up as splits when done that way in account module. Is there a way to print a report of the checks entered? In other words, I enter a bulk insurance payment check, and under reports, that check is divided into each split per patient. I am looking for a report that shows the bulk check in total. IE: I have 12 checks to deposit and I want to run report of those 12 checks, each with a 'total' and then a final total for the 12 checks.

Thanks

jordansparks
Site Admin

Re: few house keeping questions with manage module and reports

Post by jordansparks » Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:46 pm

1. Not yet. They don't seem to hurt anything, and they don't cause slowness.
2. You must be splitting by provider?
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

babysilvertooth

Post by babysilvertooth » Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:42 am

Answer to 2)Well, we converted in January, so all the accounts had lots of 'spilts' already, and I was trying to clear them out by paying the splits when possible. For new charges, we don't 'split' by provider anymore but we do keep track of procedures by provider and all collections go the office.

I don't know anything about queries, but would a query search pull a report that just showed the bulk checks as single checks?

Thanks

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:04 am

Yes, that's right. If you want a report that's grouped or ordered differently than we have chosen to do it, then you are probably looking at a query.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com