can i use different fee schedules on the same patient?

For users or potential users.
sandi

can i use different fee schedules on the same patient?

Post by sandi » Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:32 pm

Am setting up OD for use in Ireland this weekend. We have two different insurance schemes here one that pays only for a free exam and the other that pays for exam, 2 fillings ,unlimited extractions .

On previously used software I could use several different fee schedules on the same patient by opening up several courses of treatment as tabs on their chart screen and drag procdures into them the fees changing, Ie one could be private, another insurance A, another insurance B. What is the workaround to this on Open Dental,

The reason I ask is the insurance here only pays for 2 fillings a year, and there are different fees for the different filling types so I cant set an annual maximum as such. Also they only pay for emergency extractions and not say ortho extractions. Therefore I would want to manually select what is what. Previously this would be easy as if your doing ortho extractions, you could open a private tab and drag the procedure into this tab, and say you were doing an emergency extraction and as well on the same day then you could open another tab called insurance and the fees to the patient would zero for that automatically.

Is the only solution a insurance fee schedule that has 2 procedure codes and forms of extraction, one with no coverage and one without same with restorations?
I desperately need a solution so any help appreciated! Thanks

sbgcd

Re: can i use different fee schedules on the same patient?

Post by sbgcd » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:28 am

Are you able to resolve this issue? I would be great if you can share your approach to resolve this issue here with everyone...