incomplete procedure notes report

For users or potential users.
jrpappy

incomplete procedure notes report

Post by jrpappy » Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:56 am

I like the idea of a report that can be run at the end of the day for incomplete procedure notes. The limitation is that any note started, even a single character, will register the note as complete and it will not show on the report. Right now, my reception staff goes through the chart notes for each patient to make sure notes have been made. I know some still fall through the cracks because they are missed or they are partially done, but additions need to be made by, say, the doctor.

I think a button added alongside the OK button called Incomplete would be great. For example, a note that an assistant starts that requires further notation by the doctor could be marked as Incomplete rather than hitting the OK button. At day end, the report will show all notes that were either not entered at all, or signified incomplete. Is this possible?

drmaximus

Re: incomplete procedure notes report

Post by drmaximus » Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:49 am

I use my autonotes to place a "" in the field once the note is set complete and than that indicated the note is incomplete until it is removed. Nice little feature. I wish there was a way to ignore past notes that may have been overlooked which are incomplete and time-locked in the report which providers have entered a new note due to the lock in time or left the office and forgot to write a note.

djanash@mac.com

Post by djanash@mac.com » Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:14 am

What we have done is added a new "status" on the rights side of the appointment view. So where is says "In waiting room", Confirmed, Complete. etc we have a Code in the status box and a circle in the UR corner of the appointment in a bright pink Color called "WRITTEN UP" and that how the staff knows the docs are done with it and they can set it complete and send the claim.

jrpappy

Post by jrpappy » Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:55 am

Thanks for the recommendation. Where do you edit/add that field?