Calendar

For users or potential users.
MKM

Calendar

Post by MKM » Mon May 23, 2011 2:32 am

We converted to Open Dental from Softdent a few weeks ago. One thing my staff really misses is the ability to create a memo reminder on a calendar that would remind them of something in the future, say a social event, CE, staff meeting etc.
Our Doc is constantly asking them to remind him to do something in the future.

I find that using the Task List for this purpose is clunky. Say for example, I want to put the dates of all our staff meetings for the rest of the year on a calendar and have a reminder pop up the week before, it would sit on everyone's Task List for the entire year until that staff meeting happens. It makes it very cluttered.
I could use Google Calendar for this but wanted to keep it on the local network, not the web.
What are the rest of you using for calendar management?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
MK
Mary Kay
Practice Administrator
Medina, Ohio

drtech

Re: Calendar

Post by drtech » Mon May 23, 2011 4:06 am

We made a dummy pt called "office note" and create a "note" appt on the day that something needs to be done and then we see it on that day.

Yes, the task list dated function is pretty much non functional and needs significant improvements to make it actually work.
David Fuchs
Dentist - Springfield, MO
Smile Dental http://www.887-smile.com

Roy Bloom

Post by Roy Bloom » Mon May 23, 2011 4:25 am

yup, or blockout or for repeating meetings setup... sceduling...repeating. Where do you want the note to show up?
[img]C:\Users\Roy%20Bloom%20DDS\Pictures\Roy.jpg[/img]

Roy Bloom DDS
General Dentist Providing IV Sedation and Oral Surgery for Your Patients at Your Practice.

http://sedationoncall.com
http://drbloom.com

atd

Post by atd » Tue May 24, 2011 11:00 am

We use blockouts for this.

MKM

Post by MKM » Wed May 25, 2011 3:13 am

I would like it to basically be a calendar similar to what google calendar is, without being online. One where you could put in remeinders weeks, days, or minutes ahead. Obviously, due to Hippa concerns, we can't do this with any online program.
I understand using the blocks for reminders, but that really clutters up your patient schedule. It would be great to have a calendar program attached to the patient data base for all the other stuff.
I don't know of a way to share microsoft outlook calendars with an intranet, not an internet. There has to be a way to do it that is easy, but for the life of me I can't find anyone who can explain how to do it.
Mary Kay
Practice Administrator
Medina, Ohio

atd

Post by atd » Wed May 25, 2011 6:04 am

If you host your own e-mail you can setup public calendars in Outlook, but if you're a small office you probably don't have your own exchange server.