Question/ Suggestion for procedures eg. Apicectomy

For users or potential users.
nchr

Question/ Suggestion for procedures eg. Apicectomy

Post by nchr » Thu Oct 18, 2007 4:53 am

I have been using Open Dental for a few months, making me not an expert, but it is a great program and amazingly easy to learn.

I have a question (or suggestion if this is not already available) about specific procedures. I would like to know if there is a possibility to add an apicectomy or a root resection or a root separation in the patient's treatment in a way that it is illustrated on the chart. It may already be there, but I cannot seem to find it.

Appreciating the effort...

Nicos Christodoulides, DDS, MSc
Cyprus

gururajkg

Post by gururajkg » Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:34 am

not just that. i even did not find the fractured restoration on chart.exmple the cusp building,fracture of the incisors etc.hope it would be introduced in the upcoming versions.

sparkly

Post by sparkly » Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:50 am

you would note fractured cusps, fractured fillings, and an infinite # of other conditions by selecting the tooth # and entering this info under the Diagnosis pull-down. The Diagnosis choices have to be input by you (and can always be added to) in the Setup - Definitions - Diagnosis area. these things do not show up in the 3D drawn chart however.

nchr

Post by nchr » Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:53 am

Yes but what about pre-existing treatments, or treatment procedures you want to include (as I mentioned above apicectomy, root resection, root separation, porcelain veneers).

Thanks

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:55 pm

Those would be entered as treatment with a status of EO (existing restorations, other dentist). They will show as green. But all of the ones you mentioned do not have graphical equivalents. Our plan is to let users draw on the 3D chart with a pen or mouse for such things.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

nchr

Post by nchr » Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:14 pm

Thanks Jordan. This could be a way to do it. I know it is not easy to include every possible dental treatment, but I had a patient with all of these and none was available. :?