Problems(Diseases) & Allergies

For users or potential users.
jclaydds

Problems(Diseases) & Allergies

Post by jclaydds » Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:47 pm

Playing around with Version 7.9.3

During the update from Version 7.8 to 7.9, any disease (now called problems) that had the word allergy or allergies in it was moved over to the allergy list. I had a couple of diseases/problems that got moved over that I would like to move back. For example, I had as a disease/problems: Hay Fever and/or Seasonal Alllergies. This got moved over to allergies. I would prefer to move it back to the problem list since it is not a specific allergy. I know I could likely delete it from one list and add it to another but I undoubtedly have many patients already attached to these problems/diseases/allergies and I fear this data would be lost if I did that.

On a similar note, I had mispelled the phrase Allergy: Penicillin and mistakenly had typed it in: Alllergy: Penicillin. Because it was misspelled, it didn't get moved from the problem list to the allergy list. I need to move this from the Problem list to the Allergy List as well without losing the patient's that are attached.

Any Ideas?

Jeff

jordansparks
Site Admin

Re: Problems(Diseases) & Allergies

Post by jordansparks » Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:24 pm

The good news is that it mostly worked. We were hoping that there would be very little that needed to be changed further and that it could be done manually. We'll see what we can do.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

jclaydds

Re: Problems(Diseases) & Allergies

Post by jclaydds » Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:04 am

Agreed, 99% of what was allergies ended up on the allergies list and 99% of the diseases ended up on the problems list. I just have 3-4 that need to be changed to the other list. Bottom line is the update process did a fantastic job. Thanks for the great work!

Jeff