Dexis and Easy Dental Conversion Double Database entry

For users or potential users.
djanash@mac.com

Dexis and Easy Dental Conversion Double Database entry

Post by djanash@mac.com » Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:43 pm

Open Dental and Easy Dental use different chart/account numbers to create and find a Patient Dexis Account.

Since switching to OD, we have had "Double entry" for each patient in the Dexis Database attached to any appointment that had an Xray taken during it. It makes for a hassle when you want to look at history of radiographs. Any Ideas on how it can be fixed?

jordansparks
Site Admin

Re: Dexis and Easy Dental Conversion Double Database entry

Post by jordansparks » Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:59 pm

Actually, if you had the conversion done through us, we use the exact same IDs. Here's how it works:
Easy Dental has a hidden PatientID. During the conversion to Open Dental, that becomes the PatNum. In Open Dental, you can see that number in the Patient Edit window.
Easy Dental also has a ChartNumber. During the conversion to OD, that becomes the ChartNumber.
Since there are two choices of numbers, we let you use either one, the PatNum or the ChartNumber. You can toggle that setting in the Program Link edit window for Dexis.
So to solve this problem, you sort of have to figure out which one you are using. There's a chance that you are using some third number that is neither of those, but I don't know where that number would have come from.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

Hersheydmd

Post by Hersheydmd » Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:25 pm

djanash@mac.com wrote:Open Dental and Easy Dental use different chart/account numbers to create and find a Patient Dexis Account.

Since switching to OD, we have had "Double entry" for each patient in the Dexis Database attached to any appointment that had an Xray taken during it. It makes for a hassle when you want to look at history of radiographs. Any Ideas on how it can be fixed?
I have been using Dexis for much longer than OD. Whenever I enter a patient who hasn't been in for several years into Opendental, OpenDental creates a new patient ID# which is different from the patients Dexis ID#, thus creating a new Dexis chart.
It's very simple to correct, even if you have images in both Dexis charts. In the Dexis Admin window, scroll to the old patient ID# and click Modify Patient. Change the ID# manually to the new OpenDental ID#. The two Dexis charts will be merged into one. I do it on a case by case basis as needed. After a while all your active patients will only have one ID# that matches their OD ID#.
Robert M Hersh DMD, FAGD
Univ. of Penn 1982
Brooklyn, NY 11234
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Robert-M ... 1471599429

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:28 am

Thank you. I have integrated your comments into our Dexis instruction page in our manual.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com