multiple clinics

For users or potential users.
jamesx2

multiple clinics

Post by jamesx2 » Sat Oct 13, 2007 7:58 pm

I see you guys are working on replication support. I am a bit confused as to the need for this. Can we not just use the clinic feature already in the program to have multiple offices? The only thing I see that is missing is an ability to filter the reports by the clinics. It would also be nice to filter the progress notes. What am I missing?

I have noticed that you say that the tooth charting can not be used with terminal servers, but we are using citrix servers for our office and we are not having any trouble with the program. I am not a programmer but I think citrix is a terminal server.

I am trying to understand this because we are thinking about installing OD into our second clinic.

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Sun Oct 14, 2007 1:03 pm

Let's say you have 50 clinics, and you want them all to have separate databases for speed and in case their internet connection goes down. You want all 50 servers to have the exact same virtual database so that you can see all the patients and run complex reports. Replication would do this. It would scale up to 500 clinics if needed.

Now, for the more typical question of how to add a second clinic. Good to know that you are not having trouble with Citrix. I will add that information to our website. You're talking about the 3D teeth, right? Not just the simple tooth chart? I think your best bet is to stick with Citrix as your solution for the second office. One database. But there are many other options, and many other things to consider. Some offices would rather have the power of full workstations at each location. This can be handled by circular replication, and we already have a few offices doing this.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

jamesx2

Post by jamesx2 » Sun Oct 14, 2007 5:02 pm

Yes we are using the 3D tooth chart with citrix. We are not having any problems with it.

Could you continue to add the clinic option to the different reports? I see you added it to recall report, but it would be nice to have on the production and collection reports.