Canadian Claims

For users or potential users.
jordansparks
Site Admin

Canadian Claims

Post by jordansparks » Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:06 pm

We have finished the programming for CDAnet. We are now going through the review process with Continovation. We have no idea how long that will take.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

Mifa

Re: Canadian Claims

Post by Mifa » Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:14 am

That's very good news! I hope it will go well with ITrans. Good luck!

MedDen

Post by MedDen » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:37 am

:mrgreen: Great news! Thank you for the whole team for not letting us down! :mrgreen:

sprange

Post by sprange » Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:03 am

Nice! Now that my schedule is getting busy, my staff would definitely be pleased to have e-claims. Thanks for continuing to work on this project!

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:17 pm

We spent the last week making some revisions to the forms that they wanted to see.
Jordan Sparks, DMD

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:49 am

We are now doing some more work on the starting Canadian database, loading in carriers and so on.
Jordan Sparks, DMD

sprange

Post by sprange » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:18 pm

Any idea if our existing databases will require significant changes to work, or will it be necessary to 'start from scratch using your new Canadian database?

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:26 am

No, we would never require anyone to start from scratch with a new database. In fact, the only issue that's come up in that regard has been what to do about entering in the carriers. I think there's only about 20 of them. I think we're supposed to mostly manage the list instead of the user having to do it. So the question that we have is what to do with existing databases that entered half of them in on their own, for example.

Today and tomorrow, we're working on ROTs.
Jordan Sparks, DMD

sprange

Post by sprange » Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:42 am

So worst case scenario, as the patients come in we add a new insurance carrier/plan (from the new list), and drop the ones we had entered manually. That doesn't sound too problematic, unless I'm overlooking something...

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:04 am

Not even that bad. Worst case scenario is that you might have to manually edit any of your existing carrier info for such things as which network, which version of CDAnet, and so on. But I'm pretty sure it won't come to that.
Jordan Sparks, DMD

spsdds

Post by spsdds » Wed May 04, 2011 4:19 pm

Hi Jordan,
I havew just returned from the Ontario Dental Convention Spring Meeting. CDA Itrans was there. Here is the email I received from them.
Dr. Shanahan,

Thanks very much for relaying your concern to me. Open Dental is well into the certification process, but they are not there yet. We aren't able to predict when they will be ITRANS certified as it depends on the resources they are able to put towards the project. We will let them know their customers are asking about the ITRANS-ready version, but the people with the most leverage in these situations are the customers, and I'm sure you've been making your wishes known. Keep up the pressure, and I can assure you that the technical team here at CSI is ready to work on this and won't be holding up the project.

Best regards,

Geoff Valentine

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Wed May 11, 2011 5:55 am

CSI has been quite responsive, yes. This week, we are making refinements to the ROT functionality. The next phase seems to be a new batch of test scenarios. After that, we will need a few beta sites to test. We will probably call each of our Canadian customers to ask if they want to be a beta site. But if you are eager, you could tell us here.
Jordan Sparks, DMD

sprange

Post by sprange » Thu May 12, 2011 5:33 am

I'm up for being a beta test site!

Mifa

Post by Mifa » Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:15 pm

I've found out today that OD is now listed as a certified software for Canadian e-claims by CDA and I've seen that the canadian eclaims page in the manual has been updated as well. Thank you so much for this, that's wonderful news for us up North!!!!!!

I will be downloading 11.x very soon and start testing it. We are still using 6.7 in production and I have a few questions regarding our upgrade path:

1. Can I migrate straight to 11.x from 6.7 or is there an intermediate version in between we need to upgrade to first, in order to avoid problems with our existing data?

2. We currently have MySQL 5.0, in order to use 11.x we will need to upgrade to 5.5 first, but only after we install 11.x and import our data, correct?

Thanks.

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:12 pm

1. You should be able to do a straight migration.
2. I think you have the correct understanding, but I don't know what you mean by "import our data". There is no import process. Maybe you meant convert to 11.x.
Jordan Sparks, DMD

Mifa

Post by Mifa » Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:06 am

Yes I meant convert. Thanks for your reply.

sprange

Post by sprange » Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:19 pm

Eclaims have been working well at this end of Canada. My front office is now -very- happy. We're also now using sheets/automation/autonotes a lot more and it's amazing how much time we save. I think Open Dental has what it takes now to be a real contender in Canada.