Web Forms

For users or potential users.
atd

Web Forms

Post by atd » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:40 pm

When I first tested the Web Forms in Open Dental I was THRILLED. How great to be able to have patients fill out the forms online and save all that data entry time!

However, I've yet to implement them because I haven't figured out how to manage this for multiple clinics on one database. I have setup separate web forms and plan to put different links on different pages of our website so the patient hopefully picks the correct form. But when the forms are received and downloaded they never get cleared from the list - being a large office with multiple sites I expect many people will be accessing the list of webforms and there's no way to know if someone else has already imported the data or not. If there was a way to mark it "done" that would hide the form (but you'd still be able to view hidden forms like tasks) that would help. If a clinic dropdown could be added to the list of available fields to import that would help also - then we wouldn't need 5 separate forms with different addresses on them.

If anyone has developed a system for managing this I'd appreciate the feedback. I'd love to start using this feature as soon as possible.

jordansparks
Site Admin

Re: Web Forms

Post by jordansparks » Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:25 pm

I agree that the way the list doesn't get cleared is annoying enough to make it unusable for multiple locations. If that was improved, I think you could get by. One workaround might be to just have one person work on that list on any given day. If only one person is dealing with it, they should be able to easily remember where they're at.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com