Audit trail to check on employee?

For users or potential users.
Smilesbypayet

Audit trail to check on employee?

Post by Smilesbypayet » Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:47 pm

I am concerned that an employee is altering the time stamps for when an appointment is finished in order to cover up how slow she is in completing her patients and how often she is behind. When looking at the audit trail for some of these appointments, it shows that she has made 8-12 changes of some kind, but it's hard to be sure, and before I accuse her of anything, I want to understand very clearly what the audit trail does or does not show. Can someone help me understand what the entries mean, and if there is specifically a way to track if she is making alterations like that?

Rickliftig

Re: Audit trail to check on employee?

Post by Rickliftig » Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:32 am

Chip -

I'll let Jordan chime in on what the audit trail does or doesn't show, but I have seen the same thing in my office - simply - more training is needed.

My front desk experiences brain fade - she is particularly subject to errant mouse clicks. Another scenario is that a call comes in and she ignores which patient is highlighted, thus making changes to the wrong account. I have been toying with the idea of a second monitor at the front desk, but if you have an employee that has marginal computer savvy, I think it could be a disaster!

best,

Rick

PS- they don't seem to get the concept of reading what the screen says
Another Happy Open Dental User!

Rick Liftig, DMD FAGD
University of CT 1979
West Hartford, CT 06110
srick@snet.net

irfan

Re: Audit trail to check on employee?

Post by irfan » Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:00 am

2 screens are a life saver. my front desk is not computer savvy, she dreaded 2 screens... i hooked it up anyways and in 5 seconds she was in love with it. windows 7 makes it so simple.