Customize an RX

For users or potential users.
drmaximus

Customize an RX

Post by drmaximus » Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:01 am

Is there anyway to customize the Rx sheet so I can put the patient sex on it? My local pharmacy called and said my rx were not up New York State standards due to the lack of patient sex on the script. Under sheets I do not see a field for patient sex.

Thanks!

jclaydds

Re: Customize an RX

Post by jclaydds » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:24 am

The Rx sheet can be customized in any way you want. Go to Setup | Sheets. You cannot edit the Rx in the internal document form. You highlight the Rx on the left side of the page and hit the copy button and it will copy the Rx to the right side (Custom Side). You then can edit the form anyway you want. It takes some practice editing in the sheet format -- a bit of a learning curve. OD tech support could also likely get you started with this process.

Here is the section in the manual that deals with this process.

http://www.opendental.com/manual/sheets.html

Jeff

drtech

Post by drtech » Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:28 pm

I think he is trying to edit the sheet and there is no "pat.sex" to choose from as a field. this needs to be added to the program.
David Fuchs
Dentist - Springfield, MO
Smile Dental http://www.887-smile.com

Hersheydmd

Post by Hersheydmd » Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:28 pm

drmaximus wrote:Is there anyway to customize the Rx sheet so I can put the patient sex on it? My local pharmacy called and said my rx were not up New York State standards due to the lack of patient sex on the script. Under sheets I do not see a field for patient sex.

Thanks!
Are we allowed to print prescriptions from OD in New York? I thought we were required to use official numbered NYS prescriptions pads that are ordered from the state.
Robert M Hersh DMD, FAGD
Univ. of Penn 1982
Brooklyn, NY 11234
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Robert-M ... 1471599429

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:03 pm

You should add a static text field for gender.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

drmaximus

Post by drmaximus » Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:05 am

In NY you can order special Rx paper from DOH and print your RX on that. Its serial numbered.

I just added a static text field "M / F" and I circle whichever one for now.

Hersheydmd

Post by Hersheydmd » Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:31 am

Does OD meet the NYS requirements below?

Important Notice to Practitioners and Healthcare Facilities Utilizing EMR Systems
Printing Prescriptions on Official New York State Prescription Paper
Section 6810(6) of the New York State Education Law requires all prescriptions to include the following information:

•these words: "THIS PRESCRIPTION WILL BE FILLED GENERICALLY UNLESS PRESCRIBER WRITES 'd a w' IN THE BOX BELOW". The words must be imprinted in eight point upper case type immediately below the prescription signature line.
•the 'daw' box must be directly under the prescription signature line and must be three-quarters inch in length and one-half inch in height. Immediately below the box, the words "Dispense As Written" must be imprinted in six point type.
Practitioners and healthcare facilities utilizing electronic medical record (EMR) systems to print prescriptions on official New York State prescription paper should ensure that their EMR software prints the above required information on all prescriptions. To safeguard against unauthorized use of official prescriptions, EMR software should also print "VOID" on any unused portions of the paper provided in sheet format containing 4 prescriptions.
Robert M Hersh DMD, FAGD
Univ. of Penn 1982
Brooklyn, NY 11234
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Robert-M ... 1471599429

atd

Post by atd » Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:28 pm

I just added a static text field "M / F" and I circle whichever one for now.
What Jordan means is you should add a static text field, then click "gender" in list on the bottom right. It will put [gender] in the text box which then pulls the patient gender from the database. You'd probably want the static text field to read something like this:

drmaximus

Post by drmaximus » Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:56 am

Never had a pharmacy call about the DAW box, I just added a checkbox at the end of the RX and static text dispense as written. It seems they were only concerned about the sex and I fixed that using the advise above....Thanks for all the help.

pedodoc25

Post by pedodoc25 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:39 am

what about NPI number? is there a way to add a static box with your NPI # to the rx?

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:25 am

It's request #1440. I strongly suggest that you vote for it if you need it. Until then, you may have to write it on each Rx manually. Or, if you don't also have a state Rx id, then you could put your NPI in that field in the provider edit window, and put that output field onto the Rx.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

Jorgebon

Post by Jorgebon » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:24 am

Since your NPI doesn't change, you can add it as static text on the sheet. This would only be a problem in offices where more than one dentist prescribes. In that case, you would have to make a prescription sheet for each prescriber.
Jorge Bonilla, DMD
Jorge Bonilla DMD
Open Dental user since May 2005