Setup Pano as recall

For users or potential users.
khdilger

Setup Pano as recall

Post by khdilger » Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:17 am

Panos were rarely taken in the practice I bought. I would like to add this as a recall type. I have been meaning to implement this and I started having the hygienist manually do it. After finding abscess after abscess and several other bone lesions that need investigation it has forced me to realize the importance of having the system remind the hygienists and not just me... What triggers should I put on a Pano recall set at every 5 years? Should I put comp exam, periodic, prophy, and bitewings as the triggers?

khdilger

Re: Setup Pano as recall

Post by khdilger » Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:52 am

I ran this on my home backup and it setup the recalls but they are all showing 2015... Should the ones that have no pano in their chart not have a recall of today?

I guess I do not understand how to setup a recall type as they did it for me during my installation. Whats the proper way to have the system notify that a pano is taken when one has never been taken or its been more than 5 years?

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:07 pm

Our recall system will only keep track of when the next pano is. If they've never had a pano, you will see the pano date as blank. It won't say they are due today. So you can visually see that they are due. Also, it's usually set not to trigger an entry on your recall list. Instead, the prophy recall is used for that.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

khdilger

Post by khdilger » Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:53 pm

I tried it without a trigger but when I went to the family module to see what recall they were due for I don't think it showed up.... I will download a fresh copy of the office database and try it again to see if it shows up without triggers

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:42 pm

I think you still need a trigger. When I used that word in my post, I was not talking about Open Dental recall triggers.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com