Insurance Payment Paid but Does Not Show in Account

For users or potential users.
cneelley

Insurance Payment Paid but Does Not Show in Account

Post by cneelley » Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:02 pm

I have an account that says an insurance claim is still out. It showed up on the 30 day outstanding insurance report. I double click on the claim and it says there was an insurance payment for the claim a month ago. We entered a total payment for it and created a check, as it was part of a batch claim.

It does not show received, but sent. That is not a problem as I can just change that. The problem is that the account does not show the insurance payment. The balance is as if no payment were made at all. When I double click on the claim, the claim shows that a payment was made. However, in the acount, it shows no payment. If I double click on the procedure in account and then double click the claim estimate, it shows no payment. What happened?

I have never seen this before. How do I fix it?

Version 5.3.9

Dr. Neelley

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Thu Oct 11, 2007 11:09 pm

Sorry, I'd have to see it to understand it.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

cneelley

Post by cneelley » Fri Oct 12, 2007 2:46 pm

I decided to fix it by first deleting the deposit, then deleting the check, and then deleting the total payment, then entering the payment by procedure, then remaking the check, then remaking the deposit.

It seems that the total payment was not attached to the procedure for some reason. I have not seen that before or since, so I don't know what happened.

If I see it again I will let you know.

Thanks, Dr. Neelley

DavidWolf

Post by DavidWolf » Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:13 am

Sorry to bring up an old post but I just noticed this as well on a claim.
All you have to do to fix it is open the claim and change the claim's status to received and it will fix the problem in the account and remove the claim from the delinquent claims report.

DW