Provider setup with multiple providers on different days

For users or potential users.
khdilger

Provider setup with multiple providers on different days

Post by khdilger » Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:24 am

I need help getting my Opendental setup a little differently. Right now its very basic. I have myself as a provider and then Hygienists as a provider. We only run three operatories (my main op, a hygiene op, and an emergency overflow op).

Op1 is defaulted to me
Op2 is defaulted to Hyg1
Op3 is defaulted to me.

My problem is with Hyg. I have three hygienists and they all default to the Hyg1. One works 2 days a week and then the other two rotate 1 day a week every other week. I would like to break down their procedures to individuals but am unsure how to so this. Can providers be tied to a login so that when that person logs in they automatically default to the correct operatory?

I want to be able to track production of each individual better than just Doctor production and Hygiene production.

khdilger

Re: Provider setup with multiple providers on different days

Post by khdilger » Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:52 am

Also when I run the procedure report I am tied to everything but Prophys and Fluoride. Where are the setting for assigning different procedures to different providers?

Hersheydmd

Post by Hersheydmd » Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:44 pm

I have a similar set-up. I have my main op that I work out of all the time (because it has my microscope), and I have 4 hygienists that work part time out of my other two operatories.
It doesn't matter which hygienist you default to which operatory. What matters is how you set things up in your schedule module.
When you set up the schedule for the day, you set up which hygienist is working in which operatory that day. (I also assigned different colors to each hygienist so that it is easy to tell from glancing at the schedule who is where.) If the hygienist is set up to be in Op3, for example, when you schedule a patient in that operatory, they are automatically assigned to a particular hygienist, and their production should be easy to track.
Robert M Hersh DMD, FAGD
Univ. of Penn 1982
Brooklyn, NY 11234
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Robert-M ... 1471599429

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:54 pm

You would first set up all 3 hygienists, making sure to set them as secondary providers. Then set up all of their schedules. Include Ops in the schedule. Don't assign Op 2 to any provider in the Op edit window. Then, when you drop appointments into the schedule or set them complete, the appointments and procedures will be assinged to the correct providers. In the procedurecode edit window, you can set certain procedurecodes to be hygiene procedurecodes vs. dentist procedurecodes.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com