Open dental in Ireland

For users or potential users.
sandi

Open dental in Ireland

Post by sandi » Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:08 am

Hi, I have some queries. Here we have
1 purely fee for item service- 'private'
2 medical card dental treatment which means they are allowed 2 free fillings a year that pay a smaller cost than my usual, unlimited extractions at low reimbursement ,prescriptions, sometimes dentures and other things with approval- 'medical card'
3 some people are entitled to a free exam and pay for other treatment at 100% 'prsi'

Currently I am manually zeroing the fees for anyone who has a medical card where they are entitled but this is far from ideal as i dont know end of day figures and total turnover wont be right for tax purposes without adding in any insurance income from the prsi or med card schemes..

Previously with other software you could open several courses of treatment ie a medical card course of treatment and a private course say if they needed 3 fillings.
Obviously I cannot do this with OD, so what are my options? Many thanks for any and all replys.

jordansparks
Site Admin

Re: Open dental in Ireland

Post by jordansparks » Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:22 pm

Instead of zeroing out the fees, set the insurance coverage on those procedures to 100%. So each person will have an insurance plan called "medical card", or something similar.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com