dexis bridge

For users or potential users.
babysilvertooth

dexis bridge

Post by babysilvertooth » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:00 am

I am having trouble getting the dexis bridge to work. teh "C/dexis/desix.exe" is not found, but I have dexis on the desktop...any ideas or do I have to call support?

Topical

Re: dexis bridge

Post by Topical » Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:31 pm

I think you have typo on your 'Path of file to open' in the Program link.
Mine is "C:\DEXIS\DEXIS.EXE"
Try that.

babysilvertooth

Post by babysilvertooth » Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:43 am

Thanks...actually that is what I have for the Path (i just typed it wrong). Not sure what else I am doing wrong. I checked the workstattions that work and it is fine. It is just the two new computers....

Topical

Post by Topical » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:06 am

From my experience, I seem to have connecting problem on a few occasion. It may be because my assistant shut off computer while work in progress and so on. Here what I do. I copy the DEXIS folder from a working workstation. Then, I paste or replace the DEXIS folder on the not working workstation. This way. you have all the registration and setting.
Hope this would help.

Hersheydmd

Post by Hersheydmd » Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:11 pm

If you haven't resolved the problem yet.
Question. Are you logged in as Admin or Limited on the workstation in question?
I have all my workstations set up so the staff logs in with limited user accounts, and I have occasionally had problems with the Dexis bridge on one of my workstations.
The problems was that doing a windows update somehow screwed up some folders' security settings. Make sure the Open Dental Folder and the Dexis folder both have settings that allow "Users" "Modify" permissions.
Also check to see if you have a file InfroFile.txt in the OpenDental folder and if you do delete it. It could be messed up and will be recreated when you use the link.
Robert M Hersh DMD, FAGD
Univ. of Penn 1982
Brooklyn, NY 11234
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Robert-M ... 1471599429

babysilvertooth

Post by babysilvertooth » Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:33 am

Thanks Hershey DMD....I modified the users permissions for the folder...I have new windows 7 that I 'kinda' set up myself....

Thanks!