Invalid Signature

For users or potential users.
jclaydds

Invalid Signature

Post by jclaydds » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:34 am

Still trying to work out the kinks with using Forms for all my internal forms in the office. I understand it is desireable and legally the only option if the form is changed, it would invalidate any signatures that was already on the form. The problem is that it is real easy to invalidate the signature unintentionally. Let's say that we have completed a form, filled in all necessary blanks and the doctor and patient signs the form. In the future, if someone else pulls that form up to look at and so much as even clicks on the body of the form when they look at the form, it invalidates the signature. I can see this being a problem that the signature can be invalidated with an unintentional mouse click. It appears that your form was altered when it really wasn't -- try explaining that to a lawyer, judge or jury. How about a way to "lock" the form once it is complete so it can't be unintentionally altered and thereby invalidating the signatures?

On an earlier thread, I discussed the fact that until the form is complete, it is desireable to "Re-Open" it to get all the signatures. I often go to my personal office to write post op instructions, instructions about taking meds, etc and then sign the form. My assistant "re-opens" the form in the operatory to get the patient's signature. Once the form is complete, then it would be great to have a way to "lock" the form but not until then. It it is automatically locked when it is saved the first time you hit OK on the form -- I think that will cause problems as well.

jclaydds

Re: Invalid Signature

Post by jclaydds » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:41 am

Forgot to tell you -- Using version 7.6.16

teethdood

Re: Invalid Signature

Post by teethdood » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:35 am

I think having the ability to save as a PDF file would eliminate any chances of invalidation that you mentioned. Do whatever you want with the form, and at the end of the day or when you want it locked, save it as a PDF and then import it back into the "Images" section. Open Dental already has the capability to export the treatment plan/etc as PDF, so perhaps Jordan can do it if you put it down as a request.
Philip H. Doan, DDS
http://www.kaweahdental.com/