Recall after inactive patient "reappears"

For users or potential users.
Jorgebon

Recall after inactive patient "reappears"

Post by Jorgebon » Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:08 am

My front desk people tell me they have a situation with the recalls. I don't know if this qualifies as a bug, an annoyance, or a request. They noticed that patients that had been inactive and then came back after a few years would have their recalls disabled. OD normally disables recalls for inactive patients automatically, which is very good, but then if the patient is activated again you have to manually reactivate their recall by double clicking the recall in the family module and open the window so you can remove the checkmark in "always disabled".
Jorge Bonilla, DMD
Jorge Bonilla DMD
Open Dental user since May 2005

jordansparks
Site Admin

Re: Recall after inactive patient "reappears"

Post by jordansparks » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:13 am

I would classify that as an important request. To "reactivate" the patient in your scenario, you are opening the patient edit window and changing the patient status, right? That's where we should ask the user about the recall or else handle it automatically. But I'm surprised that you've been setting them "inactive" in the first place. It seems more efficient to just change your global recall settings. And don't you still want to remind them every few years with a postcard that they can still come back?
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

atd

Post by atd » Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:14 am

We've had the same problem with reactivated patients - a lot of disabled recalls have been missed by the person reactivating them. If this could be automated we'd really appreciate it!

Jorgebon

Post by Jorgebon » Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:35 am

The only reason we set them to inactive is to let us know that the patient's old things (x-rays, documents, etc) have been stored away. Maybe we could leave them as active and add a field in the family module where we can mark them as "long time no see".
Jorge Bonilla, DMD
Jorge Bonilla DMD
Open Dental user since May 2005

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:23 pm

If the xrays and documents were digital, then there would never be a need to archive them. Makes sense, though, if that's why you're marking them inactive.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com