Address on the claim form.

For users or potential users.
alexei

Address on the claim form.

Post by alexei » Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:14 am

I ran into trouble when I used two lines for the office address. On the insurance claim form, in the lower right box (56), only the first line of the address is printed (along with city & state). This caused a significant headache when claims were not processed correctly, as I didn't realize the problem until almost a month had passed. It does get printed properly in box 48 on the left (BillingDentistAddress2), but the ins. co. chose to ignore that (great). Also, there's seems to be no entry for "TreatingDentistAddress2", only "TreatingDentistAddress".

I can see why it's missing-- there's only room for two lines. But it's still a significant problem. It could be mitigated with a warning when entering more than one address line, or maybe the font should be shrunk to fit both lines, or they should be side by side horizontally, or something.

Anyway, I hope this helps.

nathansparks

Re: Address on the claim form.

Post by nathansparks » Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:10 pm

Thanks for your post, I don't think shrinking the font will help anything, and the second line for the treating dentist should not matter because nothing should be sent back from the insuance company to the treating dentist: that treating dentist address is superfluous I think. The electronic claim only sends one address by the way, and it will send the address2 line for the billing dentist. The insurance company should pay attention to the second line of the billing address, that seems to me to be the main problem, and I do not know how to address it.