Appointment view, ops, providers help

For users or potential users.
babysilvertooth

Appointment view, ops, providers help

Post by babysilvertooth » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:29 am

I am searching through the manual, but haven't figured out the right combo yet:

I have 4 ops total, 2 hyg and 2 doc. The 2 hyg are static for the hygienists. No problem here.
I use the 2 Doc ops, but I have one doc that comes to my office once a month. Is there a way to set up an Op for him , that only show when he is scheduled?

The usual set up is :2 Doc op, 2 Hyg OPs, but on the day he is at the office, I want to show 1Hyg op, 1Doc op for me and 2Doc ops for him...
Does that make sense?

Thanks

jordansparks
Site Admin

Re: Appointment view, ops, providers help

Post by jordansparks » Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:50 pm

Sure. Set up the 5 ops. Set one view to show all five ops.have an alternate view for the days with four ops. It won't change automatically. I think there is a way to do it automatically, but it seems simpler to me to start with the above.
Actually, I would recommend a sixth op for notes. Remember that ops don't have to necessarily correspond to real physical ops.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

atd

Re: Appointment view, ops, providers help

Post by atd » Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:18 am

The other option is to specify the operatories used by each provider in Setup->Schedules. We have several different providers working out of 9 different operatories depending on the day of the week. So we don't setup any particular dentist or hygienist in the Setup->Operatories section. Instead we do it all in the Setup->Schedules. The downside is that you don't see the provider's name at the top of the operatory - but the staff knows by the color of the provider appointments.