Tesia Bridge 2.0

For users or potential users.
123-xyz

Tesia Bridge 2.0

Post by 123-xyz » Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:40 pm

I just got signed with Tesia. A few days ago their technician remotely connected to my computer, installed software (Tesia Bridge 2.0) and walked me through. It seemed smooth, even though OD have warned of some errors (looked like it did not find some path, sorry, don't remember exactly),and the guy said - just ignore that.
Now, I am trying to do the same thing myself - does not work. Even though it worked for him, I suspect, something was set wrong. There is nothing like "Tesia Link", that OD manual mentions, there is nothing like "Tesia printer", that Tesia manual mentions. I have a directory "renaissance" with subdirectories "dotr>upload" and I have directory "tesia" with whole lot of things in it.
Does anyone know how to set it up correctly?

alexei

Re: Tesia Bridge 2.0

Post by alexei » Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:28 am

Looks like a new version. You should probably ask the Tesia. I wonder, is it much different from TesiaLink? That's working mostly fine for me, apart from crashing after the computer returns from sleep mode, but I could imagine some new features that would be nice. It seems TesiaBridge is available for download on their website.

sbgcd

Post by sbgcd » Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:15 am

Can you please let me know the charges for the bridge? Also would like to know what do you use for attachments to send claims electronically? (NEA-Fast? - I inquired with them but they are way expensive ~ $200/mo)

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:09 am

No, it's probably $200 for initial install. I think it's about $40/month. There is no other option than NEA-Fast that I'm aware of.

We do not charge for bridges.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

sbgcd

Post by sbgcd » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:32 am

Jordan,

Yes you are correct... FastAttach -- 200/initial and then 25/monthly... If you go with ClaimConnect then no initial fee but then 25c/claim (~100claims/25bucks) - but that becomes 2-3 times expensive then Tesia (fixed monthly cost...)

Toothdr97

Post by Toothdr97 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:09 am

We upgraded about 6 months ago to the new Tesia "bridge". we have the same issue, when we generate a claim form (hit send) we get this window that pops up and says
C"\program files\Renaissance\lite\remote\lite.exe does not exist
we were told to just say ok, then we have to go to the desk top and double click on the "Shortcut to EZ file grabber" icon, it then will send it to the tesia window to send
Is there any way around the extra step of having to go to the file grabber?

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:33 pm

What was wrong with the old bridge?

But anyway... the one that you switched to uses Renaissance file format. You seem to also have it set to Renaissance Comm Bridge in the box right below, which isn't necessary. That can be set to none.
Jordan Sparks, DMD

Toothdr97

Post by Toothdr97 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:19 am

Tesia called and did an "upgrade". With this upgrade we could do attachments. On Monday they just upgraded again. I set the comm bridge to none as instructed but still need to go to the desktop for the grabber to grab the claims and put them in the Tesia window to send. Just curious as to why they do this.

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:28 pm

I think Tesia is doing this so that you can take advantage of other Tesia services like attachments. This must be weighed against the disadvantage of using the inferior Renaissance file format. We state the disadvantages here
http://www.opendental.com/manual/eclaim ... sance.html
Jordan Sparks, DMD

Toothdr97

Post by Toothdr97 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:48 am

So who do you recommend for claims filing that fits well with Open Dental?

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:07 am

Well, we don't, really. There pros and cons to each of the clearinghouses. We specifically recommend that you do not use Renaissance, but other than that it's up to you. Smaller clearinghouses (aggregators really) will tend to be local and more service oriented. They also may have direct connections with certain carriers that you deal with frequently. Large clearinghouses will have direct connections with more carriers. The big three, ClaimConnect, Emdeon, and Tesia each have their own unique pros and cons. Our connection with ClaimConnect happens to be the slickest at the moment. That's mostly due to random chance and that we have not quite found the time to work on the other two recently.
Jordan Sparks, DMD