Real production numbers rolled back?

For users or potential users.
alkhaef

Real production numbers rolled back?

Post by alkhaef » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:08 am

Hi.

My favorite feature looks to have rolled back...

I updated from 7.5.11? to 7.5.23, and the production estimates are back to UCR-based instead of reflecting writeoffs... Did I somehow botch my upgrade, or was that change rolled back?

Thanks,
Al
Help! I've OD'ed on OD! :)

alkhaef

Re: Real production numbers rolled back?

Post by alkhaef » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:09 am

Also, now there's an amount and a "net" on the right side of the accounts module. Not sure what that means...
Al

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:00 pm

We're trying to provide both options. So at the right, you can see both gross and net. In version 7.6, there's a checkbox in module setup to choose whether to show gross or net on the appointments themselves. It was too complicated to backport to 7.5. Based on your description, you seem to want the net (after subtracting the writeoffs).
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

alkhaef

Post by alkhaef » Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:44 pm

Hi Dr. Sparks,

Cool. Both options seems like the right direction to go.

Indeed, the numbers after writeoffs are what would be meaningful for us. However, the reason I couldn't discern what "net" meant is that the 7.5.22 "net" is nowhere near what the 7.5.11 production would have been, and it appears that the PPO writeoffs in just one appointment exceed the difference shown on the right. Unless there is a switch I need to flip somewhere I'll call support tomorrow so they can remote desktop in...

Thanks again,
Al

irfan

Post by irfan » Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:56 pm

we've been having the same issue.. the net on the right is not any number we can calculate, its certainly not the correct production after writeoffs.

nathansparks

Post by nathansparks » Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:03 am

It appears that while the production numbers shown in the appointment module used to take into account only the production shown on the schedule, a programming mistake caused the new numbers to not take that into consideration. It will be fixed shortly.

atd

Post by atd » Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:52 am

In version 7.6, there's a checkbox in module setup to choose whether to show gross or net on the appointments themselves.
I upgraded to version 7.6 last Friday, but I can't seem to find this checkbox in module setup to turn off the net. Is it somewhere else?

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:08 pm

I'm sorry, I told you the wrong info. The option is in Misc Setup. It's called "Monthly P&&I scheduled production subtracts PPO writeoffs". So the new option has to do with how it shows on the P&I report. For the appointments, the solution is to always show both gross and net at the right. I believe the appointments themselves only show one or the other with no choice, but I don't remember which one we decided on.
Jordan Sparks, DMD

atd

Post by atd » Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:14 am

I like having both numbers show - but since the net is incorrect (7.6.16) I was just wanting to turn that off until it was fixed.
I've also noticed that some days only show one number, others show gross and net. That also seems to change for no reason - earlier today gross and net showed for tomorrow's schedule, now there's just one number. I ran the production report both ways to compare to the number in the appointment view. Here are the results:

For tomorrow's schedule...
P&I Report: Gross - 19,792 Net - 13,282
Appt View: 14,325

I don't see this on the bug list, but hopefully it's being worked on based on Nathan's last post on this thread.

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:32 am

If you see one number, then they are the same. In other words, it cannot find any PPO writeoffs for that day, so there's no point showing the number twice. As for the amount discrepencies, no, that's not on the bug list because we weren't aware of it. We thought it was fine as of 7.6.11. Does your view include all providers? Does your P&I report include all providers? That's usually where the mismatch happens, and it will be much more noticeable in offices with lots of providers.
Jordan Sparks, DMD

atd

Post by atd » Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:49 am

There are many days where only one number shows, but there are PPO writeoffs on the majority of our appointments. I don't think we'd ever have a day without any writeoffs. I thought the providers showing on the appointment views might be the issue - so I tested it by showing them all and choosing all of them for the P&I reports. I still couldn't get the numbers to match.

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:08 pm

I don't suppose we could get a copy of your db to see the problem?
Jordan Sparks, DMD

atd

Post by atd » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:02 am

Yes, you can get a copy. I'll call your office this afternoon to do the transfer.

Gping

Post by Gping » Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:34 am

I completely agree with you, atd. We have the exact same issue. Our writeoffs are not showing correctly under "net", and we have many days with only one number. Our writeoffs are always 40-60% of our gross, depending on how many Medicaid patients we have during any given day. We were told yesterday to update to the newest version. (7.6)? and that would solve the issue. We updated, and the issue is still the same.
-gp

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:29 am

We have a database now, and we are attempting to duplicate the issue.
Jordan Sparks, DMD

drtech

Post by drtech » Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:12 am

Same issue here, we should have like 15-20% writeoffs, but we show about 1-2% each day...
David Fuchs
Dentist - Springfield, MO
Smile Dental http://www.887-smile.com

atd

Post by atd » Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:53 am

I upgraded to version 7.6.21 and the net is fixed now. Thanks