Sheets, Webforms. Submit Button?

For users or potential users.
jclaydds

Sheets, Webforms. Submit Button?

Post by jclaydds » Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:39 pm

Version 7.6.5

Okay, I am trying to learn Sheets and Webforms at the same time. I am thinking Sheets is going to have a steep learning curve. I am a few hours into my custom patient registration form. I had registration form in a word document. Converted it into a pdf document and Adobe gave me ability to export it as a .tiff or .jpg file. I then imported that image into Sheets as a background. I am now currently putting in static text boxes in each field. It seems to be a laborious process or I am doing something wrong. Maybe I am a slow learner but this is taking a few hours. I realize Open Dental has some stock forms but we are looking for some "different or extra" information as compared to the stock forms.

I got about half the static text boxes in. I took a break and started to play around with Webforms. I was able to upload the sheet to the Open Dental Servers. I was able to navigate to the link using my browser and everything looks good except there is no "Submit" button at the bottom of the web page for the patient to hit after they finish completing the form online? Any ideas why I would not see the Submit button? I am stuck at this point since none of the data that the patient would input is getting "submitted" for download.

Jeff

jordansparks
Site Admin

Re: Sheets, Webforms. Submit Button?

Post by jordansparks » Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:47 pm

Maybe your image is covering it up. Leave some white space at the bottom of your sheet. And yes, it is a bit laborious. It will gradually get faster with future versions by the addition of cut/copy/paste, alignment, better defaults, etc.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

jclaydds

Post by jclaydds » Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:44 pm

Jordan,

That was the problem but the solution wasn't easy. I started by simply trying to shorten the content of the form and thereby leaving the last few lines "blank". In spite of doing this, the "Submit" button was not visible after I uploaded the form in Webforms. Even with the image blank on the bottom of the form, the "Submit" button was still covered by the blank part of the page.

The solution I arrived at was to take the image file that was of an entire page (even though the bottom of the page was blank) and taking a program (I used Picasa) and cropping off the blank bottom part of the image. I then imported this cropped image (shorter in height) and the "Submit" button was then visible.

Not sure if there is a better solution, I would imagine most people are like myself and like to cram as much as they can on a single form. This situation makes at least the bottom 1" or so of an area you would expect you could use really unusuable.

Jeff

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:09 am

I know. But it's an acceptable compromize for now. We're working on more important things and we decided that it was good enough for now.
Jordan Sparks, DMD

jclaydds

Post by jclaydds » Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:18 am

Agreed. The Webforms are going to be a welcome additon to the program and this issue is a minor invconvienence that can be improved on later.

Thanks,

Jeff

jclaydds

Post by jclaydds » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:46 pm

Follow up to previous post.

After I used Picasa to "crop the image" to make it shorter. I also had to adjust the length of the static image in the sheets setup or it would still cover up the "Submit" button. Hopefully, this might save someone else a lot of time if you are setting up Webforms and using a static image as a background and can't see the "Submit Button".

nathansparks

Post by nathansparks » Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:24 pm

Thanks for the pointer on that, I will let our staff know too.

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:03 pm

We will be changing the location of that button shortly.
Jordan Sparks, DMD

jrpappy

Post by jrpappy » Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:15 pm

Web Forms is very cool. As stated, a bit cumbersome, but I'm sure that will change.

I spent a lot of time setting up my med hx form with radio buttons, but these aren't enabled in the web version. Is this a bug?

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:05 pm

I just tested radio buttons, and they are working fine. How are they malfunctioning for you, exactly?
Jordan Sparks, DMD