Image Delete on 7.5

For users or potential users.
B.Thomas

Image Delete on 7.5

Post by B.Thomas » Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:46 pm

I think tthe ability to prevent image deletion is a very important security feature. We tried it today and it was a bit of a pain because the staff would sometimes add incorrect photos and could not delete them. Can you add a time limit, like other security features, so they can have a day or so to delete new images that are wrong?

Thanks,

atd

Re: Image Delete on 7.5

Post by atd » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:55 am

Agreed! A date limitation would be very helpful - otherwise I end up having to do it for staff when they make mistakes.

I also ran across a bug with the image delete today. A user deleted several images because they were under the wrong patient. But 2 other people in the office had that patient record open (but weren't looking at the images). It appeared to have deleted the images, but when she went back to the images later they had "reappeared" in the top folder with the name of the image file. Windows showed those files in use by the other 2 users, even though they were in a different module. The images either need to be released after the user leaves the image, or else the user deleting needs some kind of warning that windows couldn't delete the image because it was in use by someone else.

B.Thomas

Post by B.Thomas » Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:47 pm

Oh! Is that why that happens? I thought it was some other security feature blocking me.

waynelyn

Post by waynelyn » Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:16 pm

Yes, please. Is there anyway to set a time limit for delete? I would figure that 1 day since the image was placed would be a good idea (you/staff usually figure out they made the mistake that day).