Daily production base on insurance

For users or potential users.
mangrovebay

Daily production base on insurance

Post by mangrovebay » Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:09 pm

We are new and having problems w/ the daily production in the appt schedule w/ each pt. Right now it is base on our UCR, but we accepts multiple insurance plans. Therefore, our daily production is way off. Is there a better way or what do we need to do, to better monitor our daily production, so that it will be more accurate?

jordansparks
Site Admin

Re: Daily production base on insurance

Post by jordansparks » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:47 pm

So they are PPOs, right? Are they set up as PPOs? Estimates should be accurate.

We have one customer (maybe it's you) who reported trouble with their production numbers. Part of the problem was attaching TP procedures to completed appointments and not paying attention to the status. That's a training issue, and I think we have a report that can help. I think our programmers are analyzing the database in question to see if there are other issues with production. All we can to there is wait for the analysis to be done.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

irfan

Post by irfan » Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:52 pm

we were having the same issue so maybe that was my office that called in, but last time i looked the figures were correct and showed PPO production. dont know what changed though, but its showing it properly. I was going to post the same thing you did but then it was working.

mangrovebay

Post by mangrovebay » Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:14 am

Yes, it's PPOs. We are still having these issues and not sure how to correct it. I'm not sure if we were the office w/ our data base being analyzed. If it's a training issue, how come every time we call in, support there have said that it could not be corrected. We've been getting the same answers, "don't have the capabilities or that feature yet", put in a request. Thanks.

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:52 am

What version are you on?
Jordan Sparks, DMD

mangrovebay

Post by mangrovebay » Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:24 am

We are on version 7.3.7.0

atd

Post by atd » Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:26 am

We really miss seeing the Gross production in the appointment schedule. Our providers are on incentive plans based on Gross, not Net - so this was not a welcome change for us. I guess that's the downside of feature requests - what is a feature enhancement for one person may be viewed as a feature loss to another. I'm hoping this could be a user choice, or even better have both numbers show.

drtech

Post by drtech » Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:47 am

I would like to have both numbers show. Gross and net with write off.

It is really hard to make day to day comparisons to last year...it looks like all our production is down, but it is really just because it is calculating it differently.
David Fuchs
Dentist - Springfield, MO
Smile Dental http://www.887-smile.com

nathansparks

Post by nathansparks » Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:53 pm

There appears to be two threads of conversation here, mostly (2) below, but just to clarify for the entry where the doctor is comparing production numbers from this year to last, usually a report (1) would be used rather than (2).
1) production and income reports: if there is a problem with production reports, the numbers should not have changed, the way we calculate numbers should be the same (this is making some assumptions, the data for PPO plans will look different than for category percentage plans) this issue should be handled individually, please call and ask for Nathan
2) the number shown in the appointment module. This was changed and should not have been. When the new feature was added, we should have created an option for showing it the old way or new way. Existing customers should have seen no change, new users should have the new way as default (as it is correct if you know your PPO fee schedules). Existing customers should have had to change an option in setup to see it the new way.

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:26 pm

2. I thought everyone considered the old way fundamentally flawed. I treated it more like a bug fix that we finally got around to.
Jordan Sparks, DMD

drtech

Post by drtech » Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:04 am

1) When comparing last years's numbers, I am not talking about reports from last year, I mean when I look at the daily production on the appointment book, each day used to be higher and it is hard to get a feel for what is actually the same now that the number takes the write offs out already...harder to tell if I am making my scheduling goal now that the "bar" is lower.

2) You could look at it two ways...when dealing with PPO's I think it is best to see the RAW number with out write offs 1st and then see the actual expected to collect number also (what currently shows)...that way you have a better understanding of what you are writing off. I don't think either way is flawed, each just missing some information. The way it is now is missing information too, now we don't really know how much dentistry we are giving away with PPO's day to day without look at the reports.
David Fuchs
Dentist - Springfield, MO
Smile Dental http://www.887-smile.com