OD ideas

For users or potential users.
asanders

OD ideas

Post by asanders » Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:12 pm

This is more abstract than anything, but I welcome anyone's input and insight. I'm always trying to figure out new and improved ways of running the office and trying to figure out the integration of OD is a critical part of that. To that end, some of my random ideas for changes to OD that might help myself and others. I have certain ideas in mind, but would like input before adding feature requests that might have inherent flaws. Also, I know there are ideas for implementation of OD into the office work flow that I've never thought about . . .

1) electronic check in - Patient will check in electronically. Probably via birthdate & name. Possibly fingerprints in the future. OD will know if all information is up to date. OD will alert FD as to what information is needed.
2) conditional patient status - for instance, if demographics have not been updated in some time frame (6 mos?), then patient cannot be marked ready. If insurance information is not entered, then patient cannot be marked ready. etc. If financial agreement is not signed, then patient cannot be marked ready. This is closely linked to #1.
3) Consents, post op instructions can be triggered by procedures. e.g. surgery - consent can be triggered to pop-up depending on patient status. Same with post-op instructions etc.
4) Ability to input dates and conditions into the appointment module. My idea is that the FD can load different school calendars into OD. Let's say a 12 yo is being scheduled 6 mos. in advance. If it's spring break in 6 mos., then OD could pop up a window to let the scheduler know that this is spring break. Or teacher workdays, or Christmas, or Thanksgiving, or . . .
5) Appointment reminder/confirmation automation that is dependent on best method of contact. i.e. text, e-mail, post-card etc.
6) Printing of appointment cards. Once scheduled, the FD can print the card with any amount of information. Date, time, length of appointment, patient's name, purpose (cleaning, cleaning & xrays, fillings, caps, etc.), estimated fees etc.
7) Of course the electronic medical history . . .

-Sanders

B.Thomas

Re: OD ideas

Post by B.Thomas » Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:50 pm

I think the electronic patient check in is on the request list. I agree that would look slick and modern to new patients.

ramzi

Re: OD ideas

Post by ramzi » Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:01 am

for what ever its worth I got together with my IT person and wrote a free standing digital check it..

we called it "the digital clip board"

its completely unattached to OD, it runns kinda like an instant messanger...

there is a computer at the front desk...it says something like welcome, please type in your name...

then pt types in his/her name....and all the back workstations get a pop-up with the patient name on it...

has the same "cool" factor, but we wrote it because OD does have that feature yet....

i do think it would be a nice feature but im sure jordan has his hands full

if you want it let me know ill see if i can get it to ya

email me at

rmatars@hotmail.com

ramzi