note on eclaim

For users or potential users.
fishdrzig

note on eclaim

Post by fishdrzig » Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:35 am

When I add a note to the box on the left for an eclaim in the procedure information window, it doesn't carry over to the actual claim that has the same box on the lower right. It comes up blank and I have to add it again - just thought it was maybe a bug?

jordansparks
Site Admin

Re: note on eclaim

Post by jordansparks » Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:50 pm

Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

fishdrzig

Post by fishdrzig » Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:16 am

thanks for the link, I read it over, I guess I will just add a note to the claim edit window only (so it will show up on the eclaim). Unless, and this could be my fault, I was assuming that if I added the note in the procedure edit window it would carry onto the claim box in the claim edit window - it does not - that is why I thought it also wasn't showing on the eclaim.

fishdrzig

Post by fishdrzig » Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:21 am

I just tested it. If I add a note from the Procedure Edit screen to the claim box, it will not show up in the remarks section of the eclaim form. If I add the same note to the Claim Edit screen in the claim box, it does show up in the eclaim form in the remarks section = just an FYI

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:06 am

it will not show up in the remarks section of the eclaim form
That statement doesn't make any sense. You never actually see the "eclaim". The data that gets sent is in a format that is not very human readable. When you look at an eclaim that you sent, you are looking at the paper version, not the actual e-claim. In other words, there is no way for you to verify that procedure-level notes are being sent without looking at the raw X12. But they are being sent.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

fishdrzig

Post by fishdrzig » Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:56 am

ok, now I understand, sorry for the confusion and thanks for the clarification