Posterior Composites

For users or potential users.
cneelley

Posterior Composites

Post by cneelley » Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:26 pm

I really appreciate the new posterior composites substitute code feature. Works like a charm and our estimates for our insurance patients should be easier, quicker, and more accurate to produce.

A request. It now is a feature that is applield to all insurance plans. Can it be made to turn off in some plans? Such as a check box just like you have for deductible and for ucr fees.

Still looking forward to that global UCR button. :P

This is real progress. Anything that helps us get faster and more accurate insurance estimates is going to improve our efficiency and take some load off of the front desk, and save time and trouble dealing with patients later.

Thanks,

Dr. Neelley

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:12 am

Global UCR button?
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

cneelley

Post by cneelley » Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:36 am

There is a button to push in insurance plans that will send our UCR fees to the insurance company. I am requesting that there be a way to make all insurance plans have that button highlighted with one push of a button somewhere in the program.

Thanks, Dr. Neelley

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:44 am

Oh, right. Got it.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

Robert_dds

Post by Robert_dds » Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:40 am

I have an insurance question. If insurance is only covered for posterior amalgam and we upgrade to posterior composite. Do we charge the patient the difference between our UCR fee and the insurance amalgam fee? or the difference between insurance composite fee and insurance amalgam fee? Assuming I am also the provider for the insurance.

Nate

Post by Nate » Fri Oct 12, 2007 12:26 pm

the difference between insurance composite fee and insurance amalgam fee

Robert_dds

Post by Robert_dds » Fri Oct 12, 2007 4:53 pm

but I thought if a procedure that's not covered then it is considered optional, then you can charge it at your own fee?