Provider on Appt - hygienist not being cleared

For users or potential users.
atd

Provider on Appt - hygienist not being cleared

Post by atd » Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:45 am

When scheduling a recall the primary and secondadry provider set in the patient record is used on the appointment when it's created and put on the pinboard. When the appointment is moved from the pinboard to the schedule, if the provider is different you'll be prompted to change providers. I click Yes to this question, but if I'm moving the appointment to a dentist chair where no hygienist is scheduled it doesn't clear the hygienist from the appointment and they end up getting the production even though the dentist did the cleaning. Can this behavior be changed?

I know, you're probably wondering why our dentists are doing cleanings. The reason is that if we send our mobile equipment out and we don't have enough recall patients to send a hygienist as well then our dentists may have a few recall appointments mixed in with their restorative appointments.

Of course if we're scheduling an appointment in a hygiene chair we wouldn't want the dentist cleared - we don't necessarily know who is going to do the exam ahead of time so we change it manually before setting complete. This would just apply if it was a DDS chair.

CMJ

Re: Provider on Appt - hygienist not being cleared

Post by CMJ » Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:12 am

I too would like to have the hygiene recalls be switched to the dentist on occasion. It does require several steps to manually change when you switch to the dentist for a routine recall but with a click of the mouse you can easily change between hygienist no additional steps required..